"I/O device error" prevents file deletion

April 1, 2005 8:58:22 PM

XP Pro, SP2

I'm connected by USB to a Maxtor OneTouch ext HD. In trying to delete
stuff, an occasional file generates the following errror:

"Cannot delete <filename>: The request could not be performed because of an
I/O device error."

Can't get rid of the file in any way.

What's up with that?

Thanks.