Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

"I/O device error" prevents file deletion

Tags:
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
April 1, 2005 8:58:22 PM

XP Pro, SP2

I'm connected by USB to a Maxtor OneTouch ext HD. In trying to delete
stuff, an occasional file generates the following errror:

"Cannot delete <filename>: The request could not be performed because of an
I/O device error."

Can't get rid of the file in any way.

What's up with that?

Thanks.
Ken

More about : device error prevents file deletion

May 9, 2005 11:34:02 PM