XP User Accounts

Ok, so I stupidly changed both user accounts on my computer to the limited
level. Yeah, I definately need to get one of them back to administrator
access. Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!
3 answers Last reply
More about user accounts

    Just login to the invisible "administartor" user and change them back.
    Oh... in Home Edition, you need to keep clicking CTRL-ALT-DEL to display the
    login screen. I think...

    "Pathetic Princess" <Pathetic Princess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:831CCBAA-6B51-434B-9CCD-714CAF803076@microsoft.com...
    > Ok, so I stupidly changed both user accounts on my computer to the limited
    > level. Yeah, I definately need to get one of them back to administrator
    > access. Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!

    Quoting from this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305#SafeMode

    1. Restart the computer. After the Power On Self Test (POST),
    press the F8 key.
    2. On the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the ARROW keys
    to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
    3. When you are prompted to select the operating system to
    start, select Microsoft Windows XP edition (where edition is the
    edition of Windows XP that is installed), and then press ENTER.
    4. On the To begin, click your user name screen, click
    Administrator.
    5. Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.
    Note In some cases, the Administrator password may be set
    to a blank password. In this case, do not type a password before
    you press ENTER.
    6. Click Yes to acknowledge that Windows is running in safe
    mode.
    7. Click Start, and then click Control Panel (or point to
    Settings, and then click Control Panel).
    8. Click User Accounts.
    9. Make any necessary changes and reboot your computer.

    How to start in Safe Mode:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222

    --
    Nepatsfan

    Pathetic Princess wrote:
    > Ok, so I stupidly changed both user accounts on my computer to the limited
    > level. Yeah, I definately need to get one of them back to administrator
    > access. Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!

    Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
    cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s). By design, the
    only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
    reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
    the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

Support Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP