XP User Accounts

April 1, 2005 6:33:04 PM

Ok, so I stupidly changed both user accounts on my computer to the limited
level. Yeah, I definately need to get one of them back to administrator
access. Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!

More about : user accounts

April 1, 2005 6:54:44 PM

Just login to the invisible "administartor" user and change them back.
Oh... in Home Edition, you need to keep clicking CTRL-ALT-DEL to display the
login screen. I think...

"Pathetic Princess" <Pathetic Princess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:831CCBAA-6B51-434B-9CCD-714CAF803076@microsoft.com...
> Ok, so I stupidly changed both user accounts on my computer to the limited
> level. Yeah, I definately need to get one of them back to administrator
> access. Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 10:02:19 PM

Quoting from this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305#SafeMode

1. Restart the computer. After the Power On Self Test (POST),
press the F8 key.
2. On the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the ARROW keys
to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
3. When you are prompted to select the operating system to
start, select Microsoft Windows XP edition (where edition is the
edition of Windows XP that is installed), and then press ENTER.
4. On the To begin, click your user name screen, click
Administrator.
5. Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.
Note In some cases, the Administrator password may be set
to a blank password. In this case, do not type a password before
you press ENTER.
6. Click Yes to acknowledge that Windows is running in safe
mode.
7. Click Start, and then click Control Panel (or point to
Settings, and then click Control Panel).
8. Click User Accounts.
9. Make any necessary changes and reboot your computer.

How to start in Safe Mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222

--
Nepatsfan
wrote in message
> Ok, so I stupidly changed both user accounts on my computer to
> the limited
> level. Yeah, I definately need to get one of them back to
> administrator
> access. Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 12:14:08 PM

Pathetic Princess wrote:
> Ok, so I stupidly changed both user accounts on my computer to the limited
> level. Yeah, I definately need to get one of them back to administrator
> access. Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s). By design, the
only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH