FoF404

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2003
Yesterday my PC started giving me problems out of the blue. When I turned it on, I noticed a few pixels were blue that shouldn't have been. After a few minutes, it got progressively worse. There would be blue "dots" in the scroll bars and random places on the screen. It then started displaying red "dots" in random places. If I wiggled the monitor cord going into the card it would get better for a few secs. Eventually the monitor blanks out, comes back on and all I get is a blank screen w/ an hourglass cursor. I tried removing the video card and replacing it, but no difference. I'm just wondering if there is a way I can definately tell that is is the video card and not the motherboard, and if anyone has any ideas. The card is a MSI Geforce TI 4400, only 1.5 years old.

Thanks for your help!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Is the fan still working? Is it clean?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

FoF404

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2003
Fan is working, I blew a little dust off it, but not much. Tried a different monitor, same prob. I saw in other forums that there is a problem with the memory in some of the Geforce 4200 & 4400's. Shouldn't be a heat issue as I haven't changed anything at all...