Burning JPEG files

The JPEG files burned on a CD-RW using this computer are not recognized by by
Pioneer DVD player. I have Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 software and Windows XP
home edition. I can not get to the Windows CD burning Wizzard as the Roxio
software seems to be controling.
6 answers Last reply
More about burning jpeg files

    Did you finalize the disk or leave it open so you could add more. Players
    mostly require it to be finalized.
    SG

    "Michael Shilhan" <Michael Shilhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A1ED9FF4-53E2-4FC7-8BA6-8F49ECCFF7C6@microsoft.com...
    > The JPEG files burned on a CD-RW using this computer are not recognized by
    > by
    > Pioneer DVD player. I have Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 software and Windows
    > XP
    > home edition. I can not get to the Windows CD burning Wizzard as the
    > Roxio
    > software seems to be controling.

    First, Easy CD version 5 does not work with XP. Check the Roxio website and
    you will find that version 6 (plus several patches) is the minimum to run
    under XP.

    Second, if you had Easy CD 5 with 98 or ME, then upgraded to XP (like I
    did), that sequence destroys all CD writing ability. The first step in the
    fix is to go to the Roxio website and learn how to completely remove asy CD.
    When I did it, I had to do some registry editting, but I think that Roxio
    now has a small executable called roxiozap.exe that does it all for you.

    The next step is to either install XP-compatible CD writing software, or try
    to get the native XP CD writing software to work. I installed version 6
    (plus patchs), then later upgraded to version 7. Version 6 was no reliable
    for UDF writing (drag & drop), but it made fine data CDs and music CDs and
    data DVDs. The latest Nero is XP-compatible, but you definitely need to
    remove all of Easy CD before installing Nero.

    As for the native CD writing ability of XP, I have never tried to use it,
    let alone fix it. Still, a few web searches ought to provide some info.
    Try these websites first:

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/

    Once you get an XP-compatible set of CD/DVD software, then you must remember
    to "finalize" or "close" or "make readable on all PCs". Further, JPGs
    simply copied to a CD-RW may not be recognied by a DVD play, if it is the
    type that is connected to a TV. If it connected o a compter, the JPG format
    should be recognized, but only if the file system on the CD is recognized.
    CDs are usually Joliet, but drag&drop CDs are UDF (or DLA or DirectCD).
    Joliet is universally readable on all modern PCs, even MACs. But, UDF
    requires a special reader, which often comes with (or is free from) the same
    source as the CD writing software.

    "Michael Shilhan" <Michael Shilhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A1ED9FF4-53E2-4FC7-8BA6-8F49ECCFF7C6@microsoft.com...
    > The JPEG files burned on a CD-RW using this computer are not recognized by
    > by
    > Pioneer DVD player. I have Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 software and Windows
    > XP
    > home edition. I can not get to the Windows CD burning Wizzard as the
    > Roxio
    > software seems to be controling.

    Possibly different characteristics between the two drives?
    I've had similar probs before, especially when it's Open Session.
    Dump Roxio for starters & go for Nero.

    --

    johnf

    > The JPEG files burned on a CD-RW using this computer are not recognized
    > by by Pioneer DVD player. I have Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 software and
    > Windows XP home edition. I can not get to the Windows CD burning
    > Wizzard as the Roxio software seems to be controling.

    How do you finalize a disc?

    "shakey" wrote:

    > Did you finalize the disk or leave it open so you could add more. Players
    > mostly require it to be finalized.
    > SG
    >
    > "Michael Shilhan" <Michael Shilhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:A1ED9FF4-53E2-4FC7-8BA6-8F49ECCFF7C6@microsoft.com...
    > > The JPEG files burned on a CD-RW using this computer are not recognized by
    > > by
    > > Pioneer DVD player. I have Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 software and Windows
    > > XP
    > > home edition. I can not get to the Windows CD burning Wizzard as the
    > > Roxio
    > > software seems to be controling.

    If you're using Nero, just before recording, check the 'no-multirecording'
    box

    --

    johnf

    > How do you finalize a disc?
    >
    > "shakey" wrote:
    >
    >> Did you finalize the disk or leave it open so you could add more.
    >> Players mostly require it to be finalized.
    >> SG
    >>
    >> "Michael Shilhan" <Michael Shilhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:A1ED9FF4-53E2-4FC7-8BA6-8F49ECCFF7C6@microsoft.com...
    >> > The JPEG files burned on a CD-RW using this computer are not
    >> > recognized by by
    >> > Pioneer DVD player. I have Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 software and
    >> > Windows XP
    >> > home edition. I can not get to the Windows CD burning Wizzard as the
    >> > Roxio
    >> > software seems to be controling.

    You are using Roxio and I am not familiar with that program. Someone else
    might say or I'm sure its in the programs help files.
    message news:8852E73A-8F2D-48C2-B4B6-CA1BDBD1D7C9@microsoft.com...
    > How do you finalize a disc?
    >
    > "shakey" wrote:
    >
    >> Did you finalize the disk or leave it open so you could add more. Players
    >> mostly require it to be finalized.
    >> SG
    >>
    >> "Michael Shilhan" <Michael Shilhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:A1ED9FF4-53E2-4FC7-8BA6-8F49ECCFF7C6@microsoft.com...
    >> > The JPEG files burned on a CD-RW using this computer are not recognized
    >> > by
    >> > by
    >> > Pioneer DVD player. I have Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 software and
    >> > Windows
    >> > XP
    >> > home edition. I can not get to the Windows CD burning Wizzard as the
    >> > Roxio
    >> > software seems to be controling.

Burner CD-Rom Software Windows XP