I had an Acer 5253 BZ480, sold it monday for 200 cash. The processor was a crappy 1.6ghz. I am looking for a mid level gaming laptop that will cost around 1k.
Processor i5 Sandy Bridge or AMD equivalent clocked at around 2.2-2.5 ghz, turbo boost preferred.
Graphics chipset capable of running crysis and BF3 at medium settings, CoD4 and ME1 at mid-high settings, also capable
of running doom 3 and HL-2 at high-ultra settings. I would also like to be able to run ARMA II if possible with my budget.
6-8gb of DDR3, I will be using it for college, auto tech which is very homework and research intensive, so I will be on the internet all day.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
720p, but I prefer 1080p.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, I will also be in college.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Will be plugged in most of the time, but I'd like about 3-5 hours of battery life while viewing powerpoints in class.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want to play Doom 3, HL2, Mass Effect, CoD4, BF3 and Crysis at mid for modern games, high or ultra for older games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Web browsing, watching videos, viewing powerpoints and typing up 3-10 page papers.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Looked at this one: http://www.staples.com/HP-Pavilion-DV7-6C60US-173-Lapto...
But the graphics card is poop.
Looked at this one, but the processor is 1.8ghz and speed boost won't work if more than one core is being used. It has dual graphics cards, but the specs don't say the card number so I can research further.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years max.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,
DVD and CD burning drive, nothing special
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'd like to avoid acer due to the speed at which they deteriorate, Toshiba due to the fragile internal components, and I'm not so sure anymore about HP.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I will be playing the games stated above at the stated settings.