Stupid Question... *DELETED* *DELETED*

If you have a DV or digital 8 camcorder it has built in converters. If you already have a camera it's a very cheap and easy method to do this. It's likely even described in your camcorder's manual.

I've done it with both my dad's Sony Digital 8 camcorder to 2 different I-MACs and with my Sharp DV on my Dual AMD video rig (reason I don't need AIW anymore). It will likely take a few attempts to get everything working fine. Dependig on your capture program you will likely need alot of HD space, and then compress each video afterwards. You will likely have to learn as you go along based on the limitiations/features of your setup. Also make sure your rig is up to it (a good cpu [min. PIII600mhz+], fairly fast HDs, good deal of memory).

Anywhoo that's my two frames worth.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're right, that is a stupid question. You can't use TV-Out on your video card to run TV-IN to your computer.

TV Out is an output.

Think of it like this: Your VCR has a mouth (Video-IN) and an arse (Video-Out). Now, your video card's TV-Out is like that arse. And most of use don't stick food up our arses.

So once you figure out not to go in through the out door, er, what IN an Out mean, you'll be as smart as the rest of us.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Relax, it was in humor. Is it so intolerable for the intelectual to find amusement in such course humor?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

justaguy

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
Logically speaking, how does proclaiming one's intelligence "prove" one's supposed stupidity? Your (sic) going to need to learn how to spell contractions before you step in with me. You're out of your league.

Crashie---Olive Branch. Long day.

Where there's a will, there's a way-even when it comes to screwing up.

BTW, I have a Mensa card and an IQ of 160 on the Sanford-Binet
WTF? Seriously who cares? Most people here have high IQs (or had them until the booze took hold). And as a 'Mensa-man' you should know that IQs are pretty much useless after adolescence. Seriously pulling out the MENSA card is like using the word NAZI in a debate. YOU lose automatically.

The rest of you have a long way to go to be as smart as me.
HAha, oh that's classic.
Yes if we all bash ourselves in the head with a blunt instrument maybe we'll be as 'smart as you' too.

I guess even the most intelligent are subject ridicule for asking what they knew was a stupid question.
An intelligent person wouldn't get offended (at least not to the point of offering food preparation advice) if he were to get the response he expected from a 'stupid question'.

Wanna prove you're smart? Take the information some of us gave you, and move on.

<b>I am so smart, S-M-R-T.. err.. I mean S-M-A-R-T!</b> -Homer Simpson.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

justaguy

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
If you're gonna kick me out, at least learn how to spell. I'm obviously out gunned in this argument. Goodnight, fellas.

justaguy

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
BTW nice try on that hack!!! Ha!!!

If I were mediating this forum, I really wouldn't want people to try stuff like that.

LOL!

Ahh, deleting one's own statements for fear that they may be used against oneself. Clearly the last Hurrah of a truely great mind.

Of course there remains a record of your statements in our quotes.

Huzzah!

<b>Pure Genius!</b> - Homer Simpson

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think I mean coarse humor. But I've only got an IQ of 140, so I can't spell :smile:

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I keep this page <A HREF="http://dictionary.reference.com/" target="_new">http://dictionary.reference.com/</A> open usually when I'm BS'ing on forums :wink:

<b>I help because you suck.</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hey, it was coarse, how about that? Do I get another 1/1000 IQ points, or just browney points?

justaguy

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
Nah, just deleted them because I didn't want to argue with you. You win. I am ashamed for ever bringing up the "Stupid Question."

Making personal attacks on others is not the way I lead my life, so I'll just let it be.