OMG... killer tactic?

Fiddling around and loosing badly, I decided to try an ultra-attacking
tactic against a far better team than mine.

I won, and kept winning most of the time, while the tactic I'm using is real
silly. ok... lost 2 and 1 draw on the last 10, but won 7...

Hope I didn't discover a new diablo tactic by accident, that would make my
LlaMa tryings real lame. Allthough I have the feeling that if you play wide,
fast and short- you have the benefit over most other teams.

ok... Team setting so far is:

SC SC SC

AML AMR

DM

DL DC DC DR

GK

Attacking midfielders and dm run forward. Most instructions are player/based
instead of team..

Report my findings after finishing of season 1,

"Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
> Fiddling around and loosing badly, I decided to try an ultra-attacking
> tactic against a far better team than mine.
>
> I won, and kept winning most of the time, while the tactic I'm using is
real
> silly. ok... lost 2 and 1 draw on the last 10, but won 7...
>
> Hope I didn't discover a new diablo tactic by accident, that would make my
> LlaMa tryings real lame. Allthough I have the feeling that if you play
wide,
> fast and short- you have the benefit over most other teams.
>
> ok... Team setting so far is:
>
> SC SC SC
>
> AML AMR
>

> DM
>
> DL DC DC DR
>
> GK
>
> Attacking midfielders and dm run forward. Most instructions are
player/based
> instead of team..
>
> Report my findings after finishing of season 1,

Can you share the player-instructions as well?
Could be interesting to try this in my current game.. after 2 promotions
without renewing my team I'm think I'll struggle the coming season.

Hagen

"Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
>> Fiddling around and loosing badly, I decided to try an ultra-attacking
>> tactic against a far better team than mine.
>>
>> I won, and kept winning most of the time, while the tactic I'm using is
> real
>> silly. ok... lost 2 and 1 draw on the last 10, but won 7...
>>
>> Hope I didn't discover a new diablo tactic by accident, that would make
>> my
>> LlaMa tryings real lame. Allthough I have the feeling that if you play
> wide,
>> fast and short- you have the benefit over most other teams.
>>
>> ok... Team setting so far is:
>>
>> SC SC SC
>>
>> AML AMR
>>

>> DM
>>
>> DL DC DC DR
>>
>> GK
>>
>> Attacking midfielders and dm run forward. Most instructions are
> player/based
>> instead of team..
>>
>> Report my findings after finishing of season 1,
>>

> Can you share the player-instructions as well?
> Could be interesting to try this in my current game.. after 2 promotions
> without renewing my team I'm think I'll struggle the coming season.
>
> Hagen

Assuming I had to remove the x-es in your mail, I've sent it to you.

> "Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
> >> Fiddling around and loosing badly, I decided to try an ultra-attacking
> >> tactic against a far better team than mine.
> >>
> >> I won, and kept winning most of the time, while the tactic I'm using is
> > real
> >> silly. ok... lost 2 and 1 draw on the last 10, but won 7...
> >>
> >> Hope I didn't discover a new diablo tactic by accident, that would make
> >> my
> >> LlaMa tryings real lame. Allthough I have the feeling that if you play
> > wide,
> >> fast and short- you have the benefit over most other teams.
> >>
> >> ok... Team setting so far is:
> >>
> >> SC SC SC
> >>
> >> AML AMR
> >>

> >> DM
> >>
> >> DL DC DC DR
> >>
> >> GK
> >>
> >> Attacking midfielders and dm run forward. Most instructions are
> > player/based
> >> instead of team..
> >>
> >> Report my findings after finishing of season 1,
> >>

> > Can you share the player-instructions as well?
> > Could be interesting to try this in my current game.. after 2 promotions
> > without renewing my team I'm think I'll struggle the coming season.
> >
> > Hagen
> >

> Assuming I had to remove the x-es in your mail, I've sent it to you.

Correct :)
Receieved!
Thanks.

Hagen

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:34:18 GMT, "Hari Seldon"
<Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:

>Fiddling around and loosing badly, I decided to try an ultra-attacking
>tactic against a far better team than mine.
>
>I won, and kept winning most of the time, while the tactic I'm using is real
>silly. ok... lost 2 and 1 draw on the last 10, but won 7...
>
>Hope I didn't discover a new diablo tactic by accident, that would make my
>LlaMa tryings real lame. Allthough I have the feeling that if you play wide,
>fast and short- you have the benefit over most other teams.
>
>ok... Team setting so far is:
>
> SC SC SC
>
>AML AMR
>

> DM
>
>DL DC DC DR
>
> GK
>
>Attacking midfielders and dm run forward. Most instructions are player/based
>instead of team..
>
>Report my findings after finishing of season 1,

That seems like the tactics I use for my home games. I usually win as
well, but it's no killer tactic when the opponents are far better.
BTW, I'm playing Twente at the moment and winning the Dutch league is
not so difficult :) European competitions give me a hard time though.

-Nick

> "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> "Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> >
>> > "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message

>> > real

>> > wide,

>> > player/based

>> > Can you share the player-instructions as well?
>> > Could be interesting to try this in my current game.. after 2
>> > promotions
>> > without renewing my team I'm think I'll struggle the coming season.
>> >
>> > Hagen
>> >

>> Assuming I had to remove the x-es in your mail, I've sent it to you.
>>

> Correct :)
> Receieved!
> Thanks.
>
> Hagen

Welcome, Let me know how it worked

"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> schreef in bericht
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:34:18 GMT, "Hari Seldon"
> <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:
>
>>Fiddling around and loosing badly, I decided to try an ultra-attacking
>>tactic against a far better team than mine.
>>
>>I won, and kept winning most of the time, while the tactic I'm using is
>>real
>>silly. ok... lost 2 and 1 draw on the last 10, but won 7...
>>
>>Hope I didn't discover a new diablo tactic by accident, that would make my
>>LlaMa tryings real lame. Allthough I have the feeling that if you play
>>wide,
>>fast and short- you have the benefit over most other teams.
>>
>>ok... Team setting so far is:
>>
>> SC SC SC
>>
>>AML AMR
>>

>> DM
>>
>>DL DC DC DR
>>
>> GK
>>
>>Attacking midfielders and dm run forward. Most instructions are
>>player/based
>>instead of team..
>>
>>Report my findings after finishing of season 1,
>>

> That seems like the tactics I use for my home games. I usually win as
> well, but it's no killer tactic when the opponents are far better.
> BTW, I'm playing Twente at the moment and winning the Dutch league is
> not so difficult :) European competitions give me a hard time though.
>
> -Nick

When te opponents are better I thought that Diablo wasn't sacred either...
But I allways preferred making my owns tactic.

Twente is a sub-top team, so winning with it indeed shouldn't be too hard.
Try taking on Dordrechts. I've started with them now and it's a real pain:
The good players (3 of them) are 34+ and have HUGE contracts, while your
wage bill drags you down bankrupcy.

Hari Seldon wrote:
> "Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>"Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht

>>>Assuming I had to remove the x-es in your mail, I've sent it to you.
>>>

>>Correct :)
>>Receieved!
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Hagen
>>

> Welcome, Let me know how it worked

me too ! me too !

Remove QM3 in mailaddy.. :)

"Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht
> Hari Seldon wrote:
>> "Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>>>"Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message

>>>Correct :)
>>>Receieved!
>>>Thanks.
>>>
>>>Hagen
>>>

>> Welcome, Let me know how it worked
>>

> me too ! me too !
>
> Remove QM3 in mailaddy.. :)

Sent.

One thing I forgot to write:

I give the DMC a man-marking if the opponent plays with three SC

> "Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> schreef in bericht
> > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:34:18 GMT, "Hari Seldon"
> > <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:
> >
> >>Fiddling around and loosing badly, I decided to try an ultra-attacking
> >>tactic against a far better team than mine.
> >>
> >>I won, and kept winning most of the time, while the tactic I'm using is
> >>real
> >>silly. ok... lost 2 and 1 draw on the last 10, but won 7...
> >>
> >>Hope I didn't discover a new diablo tactic by accident, that would make
my
> >>LlaMa tryings real lame. Allthough I have the feeling that if you play
> >>wide,
> >>fast and short- you have the benefit over most other teams.
> >>
> >>ok... Team setting so far is:
> >>
> >> SC SC SC
> >>
> >>AML AMR
> >>

> >> DM
> >>
> >>DL DC DC DR
> >>
> >> GK
> >>
> >>Attacking midfielders and dm run forward. Most instructions are
> >>player/based
> >>instead of team..
> >>
> >>Report my findings after finishing of season 1,
> >>

> > That seems like the tactics I use for my home games. I usually win as
> > well, but it's no killer tactic when the opponents are far better.
> > BTW, I'm playing Twente at the moment and winning the Dutch league is
> > not so difficult :) European competitions give me a hard time though.
> >
> > -Nick
>
> When te opponents are better I thought that Diablo wasn't sacred either...
> But I allways preferred making my owns tactic.
>
> Twente is a sub-top team, so winning with it indeed shouldn't be too hard.
> Try taking on Dordrechts. I've started with them now and it's a real pain:
> The good players (3 of them) are 34+ and have HUGE contracts, while your
> wage bill drags you down bankrupcy.

Ahhh what the hell - ME! ME! ME! Send it! lol :eek:D

Hari Seldon wrote:
> "Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht
>
>>Hari Seldon wrote:
>>
>>>"Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht

>>>Welcome, Let me know how it worked
>>>

>>me too ! me too !
>>
>>Remove QM3 in mailaddy.. :)
>

> Sent.
>
> One thing I forgot to write:
>
> I give the DMC a man-marking if the opponent plays with three SC

Hmm haven't recieved one.. ?... you can also try this one:

unknown@direkte.org

Richard Mills (Croft FC) wrote:
> "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
>
>>"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> schreef in bericht

> my

>>>That seems like the tactics I use for my home games. I usually win as
>>>well, but it's no killer tactic when the opponents are far better.
>>>BTW, I'm playing Twente at the moment and winning the Dutch league is
>>>not so difficult :) European competitions give me a hard time though.
>>>
>>>-Nick
>>
>>When te opponents are better I thought that Diablo wasn't sacred either...
>>But I allways preferred making my owns tactic.
>>
>>Twente is a sub-top team, so winning with it indeed shouldn't be too hard.
>>Try taking on Dordrechts. I've started with them now and it's a real pain:
>>The good players (3 of them) are 34+ and have HUGE contracts, while your
>>wage bill drags you down bankrupcy.
>

> Ahhh what the hell - ME! ME! ME! Send it! lol :eek:D

Wuss :-D

> "Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Hagen" <likpostx@xhotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> >> Assuming I had to remove the x-es in your mail, I've sent it to you.
> >>

> > Correct :)
> > Receieved!
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Hagen
> >

> Welcome, Let me know how it worked

Used it in my 2 last games this season.
I had already won promotion and wanted to let som star-players rest. Also I
have som injuries and therefore put together a kind of a B-squad with only
3-4 regular first-team players.

As defenders I used only B-squad people, and that may be the reason for med
letting 8 goals in.
Lost 2-3 in the first game, and draw 5-5 in the second.
Fairly satisfied as it was against two teams also fighting for promotion.

Looking forward to try it next season as I then will be major underdog in
many games.

> SC SC
>
> AM/FC
> AML AMR
>
> DM
>
> DL DC DC DR
>
> GK

This is the tactic I've been using which looks pretty similar. Very
defensive at the back (man marking, direct passing) with the DM playing as a
fifth defender everton style (short passing). I have the wingers running
forward and dribbling lots (mixed passing) and the three men up front very
attacking (short passing). The AM/FC is also always made a playmaker. What
I found to be extremely important is to have team passing directed to the
flanks. Using this I've won the premiership and the Champions league with
leeds and am currently topping serie A after having moved onto AC milan.

Good players to stick into this formation
Nigel De Jong (anywhere at the back)
Simon Cox (good young keeper)
Bonera (Top centre back in the game IMHO)
Chris Riggott (always plays very well)
STEWART DOWNING (shouted because he is the nuts in the game, last year
averaged 8.2 over the season!)
Kaka (obvious, but is great on the right, not so hot in the AM/FC role)
JAMES BEATTIE (Somehow I don't think he's going to be quite so good at
Everton, won the golden boot two years running!)
Mota (might have just been my game, but he had excellent stats for the AM/FC
position), but he was replaced with james mcfadden towards the end of my
stint at leeds.

Cheers

Matt

> Hari Seldon wrote:
>> "Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht

>>>me too ! me too !
>>>
>>>Remove QM3 in mailaddy.. :)
>>

>> Sent.
>>
>> One thing I forgot to write:
>>
>> I give the DMC a man-marking if the opponent plays with three SC
> Hmm haven't recieved one.. ?... you can also try this one:
>
> unknown@direkte.org

Sorry. made a typo when sending it. Should be yours now ;-)

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:29:57 GMT, "Hari Seldon"
<Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:

>When te opponents are better I thought that Diablo wasn't sacred either...
>But I allways preferred making my owns tactic.
>
>Twente is a sub-top team, so winning with it indeed shouldn't be too hard.
>Try taking on Dordrechts. I've started with them now and it's a real pain:
>The good players (3 of them) are 34+ and have HUGE contracts, while your
>wage bill drags you down bankrupcy.

I won 2 doubles with Twente in 2007 & 2008.Now I want to win something
in Europe before moving to another team.

-Nick

Hari Seldon wrote:
> "Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht
>
>>Hari Seldon wrote:
>>
>>>"Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht

>>>Sent.
>>>
>>>One thing I forgot to write:
>>>
>>>I give the DMC a man-marking if the opponent plays with three SC
>>
>>Hmm haven't recieved one.. ?... you can also try this one:
>>
>>unknown@direkte.org
>

> Sorry. made a typo when sending it. Should be yours now ;-)

Yup got it.. Thanks.. Will test it on the laptop on my Schalke04 game
during the weekend..

Mikael

"Matt Benson" <mabenson@ditchthis.technologist.com> wrote in message

> > SC SC
> >
> > AM/FC
> > AML AMR
> >
> > DM
> >
> > DL DC DC DR
> >
> > GK
>
> This is the tactic I've been using which looks pretty similar. Very
> defensive at the back (man marking, direct passing) with the DM playing as
> fifth defender everton style (short passing). I have the wingers running
> forward and dribbling lots (mixed passing) and the three men up front very
> attacking (short passing). The AM/FC is also always made a playmaker.
What
> I found to be extremely important is to have team passing directed to the
> flanks. Using this I've won the premiership and the Champions league with
> leeds and am currently topping serie A after having moved onto AC milan.
>
> Good players to stick into this formation
> Nigel De Jong (anywhere at the back)
> Simon Cox (good young keeper)
> Bonera (Top centre back in the game IMHO)
> Chris Riggott (always plays very well)
> STEWART DOWNING (shouted because he is the nuts in the game, last year
> averaged 8.2 over the season!)
> Kaka (obvious, but is great on the right, not so hot in the AM/FC role)
> JAMES BEATTIE (Somehow I don't think he's going to be quite so good at
> Everton, won the golden boot two years running!)
> Mota (might have just been my game, but he had excellent stats for the
AM/FC
> position), but he was replaced with james mcfadden towards the end of my
> stint at leeds.
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

Hey Matt

Could u send me that tactic aswell ? -> ampj @ online.no

martin

Hagen Please could you send the tactic and details to me.

Hari Seldon wrote:
> "Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht
>
>>Hari Seldon wrote:
>>
>>>"Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht

>>>Sent.
>>>
>>>One thing I forgot to write:
>>>
>>>I give the DMC a man-marking if the opponent plays with three SC
>>
>>Hmm haven't recieved one.. ?... you can also try this one:
>>
>>unknown@direkte.org
>

> Sorry. made a typo when sending it. Should be yours now ;-)

Well so far I'm not impressed..

I tested it on my Schalke04 game and I played 6 games without changing
the tactic.. 3 in the league, 1 in the Cup and 2 in Uefa..

Lg: Schalke04 - Kaiserslautern: 2-0 (own goal, MidFC)
shots total/ON/OFF: 11/9/2 - 4/1/3

Uefa: Schalke04 - Panionios: 6-0 (MidFC, LeftFCx2, RightFCx2, AMR)
shots total/ON/OFF: 25/17/8 - 1/0/1

Cup: Werder Bremen - Schalke04: 3-1 (LeftFC)
shots total/ON/OFF: 11/7/4 - 9/6/3

Lg: Schalke04 - Gladbach: 1-0 (MidFC)
shots total/ON/OFF: 12/4/8 - 6/3/3

Uefa: Panionios - Schalke04: 2-2 (MidFCx2)
shots total/ON/OFF: 17/6/11 - 5/3/2

Lg: SC Freiburg - Schalke04: 2-3 (MidFCx3)
shots total/ON/OFF: 13/7/6 - 13/6/7

At home it seems to work okay, but away is just not good enough... In
all away-matches I was behind after max 5 minutes and had to struggle to
get chances and score.. The only reason for the win against Freiburg,
was a penalty in overtime.

The only good thing about it, is that that Middle FC scores alot..
Brings back memories to the 4-3-3 tactic in CM4..

> Hari Seldon wrote:
>> "Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> schreef in bericht

>>>Hmm haven't recieved one.. ?... you can also try this one:
>>>
>>>unknown@direkte.org
>>

>> Sorry. made a typo when sending it. Should be yours now ;-)
> Well so far I'm not impressed..
>
> I tested it on my Schalke04 game and I played 6 games without changing the
> tactic.. 3 in the league, 1 in the Cup and 2 in Uefa..
>
> Lg: Schalke04 - Kaiserslautern: 2-0 (own goal, MidFC)
> shots total/ON/OFF: 11/9/2 - 4/1/3
>
> Uefa: Schalke04 - Panionios: 6-0 (MidFC, LeftFCx2, RightFCx2, AMR)
> shots total/ON/OFF: 25/17/8 - 1/0/1
>
> Cup: Werder Bremen - Schalke04: 3-1 (LeftFC)
> shots total/ON/OFF: 11/7/4 - 9/6/3
>
> Lg: Schalke04 - Gladbach: 1-0 (MidFC)
> shots total/ON/OFF: 12/4/8 - 6/3/3
>
> Uefa: Panionios - Schalke04: 2-2 (MidFCx2)
> shots total/ON/OFF: 17/6/11 - 5/3/2
>
> Lg: SC Freiburg - Schalke04: 2-3 (MidFCx3)
> shots total/ON/OFF: 13/7/6 - 13/6/7
>
> At home it seems to work okay, but away is just not good enough... In all
> away-matches I was behind after max 5 minutes and had to struggle to get
> chances and score.. The only reason for the win against Freiburg, was a
> penalty in overtime.
>
> The only good thing about it, is that that Middle FC scores alot.. Brings
> back memories to the 4-3-3 tactic in CM4..

Concur.. After 12 insane games the first goals came pouring in against my
side. Especially the 4-4-2 with upcoming wingers is lethal against my little
tactic. Allthough overall I find my team more winning than playing even or
losing with it. Often with just one goal more.

Maybe the tactic (like most attacking tactics) works well for the LlaMa
sides.

"Matt Benson"

> > SC SC
> >
> > AM/FC
> > AML AMR
> >
> > DM
> >
> > DL DC DC DR
> >
> > GK
>
> This is the tactic I've been using which looks pretty similar. Very
> defensive at the back (man marking, direct passing) with the DM playing as
> fifth defender everton style (short passing). I have the wingers running
> forward and dribbling lots (mixed passing) and the three men up front very
> attacking (short passing). The AM/FC is also always made a playmaker.
What
> I found to be extremely important is to have team passing directed to the
> flanks. Using this I've won the premiership and the Champions league with
> leeds and am currently topping serie A after having moved onto AC milan.
>
> Good players to stick into this formation
> Nigel De Jong (anywhere at the back)
> Simon Cox (good young keeper)
> Bonera (Top centre back in the game IMHO)
> Chris Riggott (always plays very well)
> STEWART DOWNING (shouted because he is the nuts in the game, last year
> averaged 8.2 over the season!)
> Kaka (obvious, but is great on the right, not so hot in the AM/FC role)
> JAMES BEATTIE (Somehow I don't think he's going to be quite so good at
> Everton, won the golden boot two years running!)
> Mota (might have just been my game, but he had excellent stats for the
AM/FC
> position), but he was replaced with james mcfadden towards the end of my
> stint at leeds.
>
> Cheers

Cheers Matt

Sounds interesting. Would you send me that?

Crazy_Jellyfish@hotmail.com

I was thinking about a tactic like that with my Atletico Madrid, but would
be nice with some inspiration!

Regards
Lars