Gar

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004

When I boot up and every few minutes my computer automaticly connects to the
internet. I have disabled (remote access auto connection manager), have run
spybot, and Ad-aware, but it still continues to auto connect. What next?
--
Carpet Cleaner

if you are running windows xp, make sure you have disabled "automatic
updates". you can disable it by going into control panel (in classic
view) ->system properties ->Automatic updates, and select disable from
there.

i'm afriad that's the only suggestion i have. i would have more, but since i
don't know what your operating system is, or anything, i can only guess that
that's the problem.

cheers,

Demolitio

"Gar" <newlife@worldnet> wrote in message
> When I boot up and every few minutes my computer automaticly connects to
the
> internet. I have disabled (remote access auto connection manager), have
run
> spybot, and Ad-aware, but it still continues to auto connect. What next?
> --
> Carpet Cleaner

Gar

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004

Disableing "automatic updates" dose't work
It has something to do with McAff personal firewall that dials in to update.
I have tried to disable it but to no avail. Disabled McAfee spamkill in
services,
that worked at stoping the auto dial up but then Outlook exp. would't download
mail. Would get the error "The connection to the server has failed.....
socket error: 10061, error number: 0x800cc0e"