Sign in with
Your question

Cannot login windows 7 for Acer Aspire 4551 even with a correct passwo

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 3, 2012 7:06:55 AM

I just restored my laptop to the manufactured factory settings. The next thing I know is that I cannot log in even though I input the correct password I've just set. I entered through safe mode, where I was prompted with the login page, the password worked this time though. So I deleted the password after entered my profile through safe mode. Logged off and restarted the laptop, I still could not access my profile and was asked for password again. Could there be a solution for this? Or is that the end of life for my laptop......?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
May 3, 2012 7:17:06 AM

Odd that it would work in SM and not normal mode. Seeing as you just did it, try resetting factory specs again? I've never seen this before.
m
l
May 3, 2012 7:01:53 PM

4745454b said:
Odd that it would work in SM and not normal mode. Seeing as you just did it, try resetting factory specs again? I've never seen this before.

Thanks for your advice earlier. I tried restoring to factory settings again through the safe mode yet it completely failed. It is indeed awkward as I've never encountered this in the past when I restored to factory settings. I wonder what is blocking me from accessing in the normal mode.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
May 4, 2012 1:09:31 AM

Try restore and setup no password?
m
l
May 10, 2012 11:01:56 PM

4745454b said:
Try restore and setup no password?

I tried that too, but I still encounter the password box, so I still cannot access my profile. @@
m
l
May 10, 2012 11:03:03 PM

Quote:
Once I also failed to reset my windows 7 password in the safe mode, and I find a blog
http://windowspasswordreset1.blogspot.com about how to reset windows password ,it solve my windows password problem easily, hope it also give you a favor.

Thank you for the resource and hint. I tried the method explained, but my laptop remains in the same state as before :( 
m
l
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
May 11, 2012 12:57:19 AM

Hi :) 

We are NOT ALLOWED to help with passwords here at Toms...its against the rules...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
May 18, 2012 12:42:15 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

We are NOT ALLOWED to help with passwords here at Toms...its against the rules...

All the best Brett :) 

Hello Brett,

Thank you for pointing this out. And I appreciate all the help that everyone on this forum has provided me with. The question I had originally posted on this forum focused mainly on the fact that I could not bypass the "login page" to access my profile on the laptop, instead of on how to retrieve forgotten password or trying to log in to someone else's profile. Thank you for your understanding and I do apologize if I had, in any way, violated Tom's Hardware Forums' policies.

Best,
Goddoc
m
l
!