Anyone have a reasonable priced working Ms. Pac man board ..

Last response: in Video Games
June 30, 2005 4:33:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Mine will not work right. Thanks Larry
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 7:41:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I'd recommend an exchange with Eldorado. Will run somewhere around
$125-$150
June 30, 2005 11:10:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I forgot the money you spend to ship your board.

Still a good price if you can't find someone near you to fix it for
$65.

-Tim
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 2:51:47 AM

BWAGNER5150 <wagner_benjamin@hotmail.com> wrote:
: I'd recommend an exchange with Eldorado. Will run somewhere around
: $125-$150

Yeah. there's a great value. *pfft*.

Let's see.. but a working board for $150.... or pay $150 for a repair.
Tough choice.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

mudmantim <mudmantim@gmail.com> wrote:
: Here ya go:
:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
:
: Item # 6189398665
:
: $199 buy-it-now - $135 trade in = $64 + 12.95 shipping and insurance =
: $76.95 grand total

Plus the shipping of the trade-in.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:36:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

That is what my second post was suppose to mean:

"I forgot the money you spend to ship your board."

-Tim
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:43:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I did this with one of his other Ms Pac Man auctions. I did the
minimum bid and won, sent in my exchange and got my board for something
like $40 not counting shipping.

He e-mailed and let me know that that wasn't quite the deal it was
suppose to be, so he added this to the auction; "(off the buy it now
price)."

He still sold it to me for the $40 + shipping, because it wasn't stated
in the auction that the buy-it-now had to be used to get the exchanged
price..

I got the boards and haven't even got them installed yet, that was
months ago.

-Tim
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:09:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Does MIT teach social skills? ;-)
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:12:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Ok, smart-ass, if you're going to make fun of people trying to help
someone, at least show us a link to this $150 board.

What a prick.....
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 4:00:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Read the auction fine print carefully. It says "UP TO $135 credit ". I've
emailed the seller asking how they figured what you were credited and never
got a reply. The way it is worded they could give you $1 for your old board
and you couldn't dispute it.

Mark Hooks

"mudmantim" <mudmantim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Here ya go:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
> Item # 6189398665
>
> $199 buy-it-now - $135 trade in = $64 + 12.95 shipping and insurance =
> $76.95 grand total
>
> Not too bad.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> -Tim

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:23:35 PM

Mark Hooks <markhooks@earthlink.net> wrote:
: Read the auction fine print carefully. It says "UP TO $135 credit ". I've
: emailed the seller asking how they figured what you were credited and never
: got a reply. The way it is worded they could give you $1 for your old board
: and you couldn't dispute it.

I'd guess it depends on how difficult the repair is, and how complete your
board is...

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:02:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

And, MORON, I suggested ELDORADO, not Two-Bits!!

Read, Spaeth before you spout off your big know-it-all mouth.
Eldorado's trade-in price turns out to be $109.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:55:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

"Read the auction fine print carefully. It says "UP TO $135 credit ".
I've
emailed the seller asking how they figured what you were credited and
never
got a reply. The way it is worded they could give you $1 for your old
board
and you couldn't dispute it.

Mark Hooks "

When I won my board, I asked him if I send the board first to find out
how much it would be up to the $135 and then pay or what, and he said
that it is always $135.

He also has auctions for repairs on Ms Pac boards for $65 or $69
buy-it-now:

I know that I am nobody special, but I was treated right and I would
trust him again.

-Tim
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:07:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hey Tim,

That looks like a great deal, actually!

Ben
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 9:29:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Yes, that sounds reasonable to me, but with Ebay you never know. Always
read the fine print to avoid unexpected surprises, or maybe I should say to
reduce unexpected surprises..

Mark Hooks

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Mark Hooks <markhooks@earthlink.net> wrote:
> : Read the auction fine print carefully. It says "UP TO $135 credit ".
> I've
> : emailed the seller asking how they figured what you were credited and
> never
> : got a reply. The way it is worded they could give you $1 for your old
> board
> : and you couldn't dispute it.
>
> I'd guess it depends on how difficult the repair is, and how complete your
> board is...
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:49:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Ben-

It worked for me.

And, actually I have used Eldorado Games a bunch of times also. Never
treated bad and always got good fast service, no complaints here.

-Tim
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:11:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

A snappy, hollow comeback for everything. How exactly are the people
at ElDorado thieves? And thieves isn't spelled "theives," assclown.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 6:48:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

BWAGNER5150 <wagner_benjamin@hotmail.com> wrote:
: And, MORON, I suggested ELDORADO, not Two-Bits!!
:
: Read, Spaeth before you spout off your big know-it-all mouth.
: Eldorado's trade-in price turns out to be $109.

Same difference... they're both theives.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 6:32:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

BWAGNER5150 <wagner_benjamin@hotmail.com> wrote:
: A snappy, hollow comeback for everything. How exactly are the people
: at ElDorado thieves? And thieves isn't spelled "theives," assclown.

Try google. Read up on the horror stories people here have had about them.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 1:56:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

i am a fan of the video games exspelly vice city
!