Atari Quantum for auction!!!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hello,

I have desided to put my Atari Quantum up on ebay instead of
parting out the machine. It was a hard choice to make seeing that the
parts did equal out to my original asking price plus some. Here was a
list of the offers I received for parts...some even shocked me!!!!

Wiring Harness $400
Monitor (Amplifone) with defection board etc - $550
Cabinet $750
Marquee $100
Control Panel $250
PCB $675

I thought I would post these prices if anyone else was wanting to sell
their Quantum Parts. Email me directly if you would like email
address' for potential buyers of parts. In any case, I couldn't bring
myself to part the game out so I have listed it on ebay....Item
#6190802392. If you have any questions about the machine feel free to
email "rabus@insightbb.com" I have a BUY IT NOW of $2,500 and starting
price of $2,000 which I have received offers of!!! Thanks for
everyones emails and advice on selling the machine. I hope it goes to
a good collector!!!!

Jon Rabus
18 answers Last reply
More about atari quantum auction
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    No offense, but I find several of those offers hard to believe. Plus,
    I couldn't find a Quantum auction on Ebay....past or present. Please
    post.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Sorry, just saw your auction ID. Looks like a very nice game. Good
    luck in your auction.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Here's more how I see it.

    > Wiring Harness $75
    > Monitor (Amplifone) with defection board etc - $500
    > Cabinet $600
    > Marquee $50
    > Control Panel $150
    > PCB $400

    Good luck on your auction.
    If it doesn't sell, you may want to part it out.
    Hope you saved those email addys of the offers you had.

    Troy,
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Ive got a rebuilt ampliphone monitor id sell for $550 plus shipping.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    working pcb for 400???

    I'll take a few of those...

    L.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    >I thought I would post these prices if anyone else was wanting to sell
    >their Quantum Parts. Email me directly if you would like email
    >address' for potential buyers of parts. In any case, I couldn't bring
    >myself to part the game out so I have listed it on ebay....Item
    >#6190802392. If you have any questions about the machine feel free to
    >email "rabus@insightbb.com" I have a BUY IT NOW of $2,500 and starting
    >price of $2,000 which I have received offers of!!! Thanks for
    >everyones emails and advice on selling the machine. I hope it goes to
    >a good collector!!!!
    >
    >Jon Rabus

    Based on the market, you should be able to sell that. Hard to believe
    Quantum is worth so much, but people are crazy enough to pay it.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Quantum boards have traditionally been valued at $500. This includes the
    insane days and hasn't deviated too much since.

    tim (NH)

    "LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > working pcb for 400???
    >
    > I'll take a few of those...
    >
    > L.

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    The fundamental problem doing a repro board is that the high value of
    the original is based on the fact that it's *original*. You can
    minimize all the LS chips possible but the XY section will still
    require several expensive to source components.

    How many Quantum owners out there have complete games minus just the
    boards? How many with complete games would buy a repro as a back-up?
    I bet you'd be lucky to sell 5 or 10 boards for your effort.

    As for multiple games on a common pinout, the smart money would be on
    an Asteroids/Lunar Lander/Asteroids Deluxe combo board-multi game.

    Just my opinion BTW.

    Mike Doyle
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Jon,

    I'm glad to hear it. Good luck on the auction. I hope it finds a good home.

    Mark Hooks

    <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have desided to put my Atari Quantum up on ebay instead of
    > parting out the machine. It was a hard choice to make seeing that the
    > parts did equal out to my original asking price plus some. Here was a
    > list of the offers I received for parts...some even shocked me!!!!
    >
    > Wiring Harness $400
    > Monitor (Amplifone) with defection board etc - $550
    > Cabinet $750
    > Marquee $100
    > Control Panel $250
    > PCB $675
    >
    > I thought I would post these prices if anyone else was wanting to sell
    > their Quantum Parts. Email me directly if you would like email
    > address' for potential buyers of parts. In any case, I couldn't bring
    > myself to part the game out so I have listed it on ebay....Item
    > #6190802392. If you have any questions about the machine feel free to
    > email "rabus@insightbb.com" I have a BUY IT NOW of $2,500 and starting
    > price of $2,000 which I have received offers of!!! Thanks for
    > everyones emails and advice on selling the machine. I hope it goes to
    > a good collector!!!!
    >
    > Jon Rabus

  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Hard to believe you were thinking about parting out a Quantum that looks
    like that.

    jon
    http://www.arcade-classics.com

    <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have desided to put my Atari Quantum up on ebay instead of
    > parting out the machine. It was a hard choice to make seeing that the
    > parts did equal out to my original asking price plus some. Here was a
    > list of the offers I received for parts...some even shocked me!!!!
    >
    > Wiring Harness $400
    > Monitor (Amplifone) with defection board etc - $550
    > Cabinet $750
    > Marquee $100
    > Control Panel $250
    > PCB $675
    >
    > I thought I would post these prices if anyone else was wanting to sell
    > their Quantum Parts. Email me directly if you would like email
    > address' for potential buyers of parts. In any case, I couldn't bring
    > myself to part the game out so I have listed it on ebay....Item
    > #6190802392. If you have any questions about the machine feel free to
    > email "rabus@insightbb.com" I have a BUY IT NOW of $2,500 and starting
    > price of $2,000 which I have received offers of!!! Thanks for
    > everyones emails and advice on selling the machine. I hope it goes to
    > a good collector!!!!
    >
    > Jon Rabus

  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace LouiSurfer <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote:
    : working pcb for 400???
    :
    : I'll take a few of those...

    Nice CP for $150? I'm all over that... heh

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

    Hmmm, given the value of these, I wonder what it would cost to build a
    replacement board from scratch? Anyone want to take this on? I'm thinking
    that a pinout for a more common game would be a nice touch. Plug and play in
    Tempest cabinet for instance. I guess the control setup would take some
    work too though. Would the Tempest monitor work???

    Mark Hooks

    "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Quantum boards have traditionally been valued at $500. This includes the
    > insane days and hasn't deviated too much since.
    >
    > tim (NH)
    >
    > "LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> working pcb for 400???
    >>
    >> I'll take a few of those...
    >>
    >> L.

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Didn't Mark S. make Tempest/Quantum adapters awhile back?

    --
    -Steve P.

    All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

    "Mark Hooks" <markhooks@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Hmmm, given the value of these, I wonder what it would cost to build a
    > replacement board from scratch? Anyone want to take this on? I'm thinking
    > that a pinout for a more common game would be a nice touch. Plug and play
    > in Tempest cabinet for instance. I guess the control setup would take
    > some work too though. Would the Tempest monitor work???
    >
    > Mark Hooks
    >

    > "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> Quantum boards have traditionally been valued at $500. This includes
    >> the insane days and hasn't deviated too much since.
    >>
    >> tim (NH)
    >>
    >> "LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> working pcb for 400???
    >>>
    >>> I'll take a few of those...
    >>>
    >>> L.

  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    you could use a ZVG...

    "Mark Hooks" <markhooks@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Hmmm, given the value of these, I wonder what it would cost to build a
    > replacement board from scratch? Anyone want to take this on? I'm thinking
    > that a pinout for a more common game would be a nice touch. Plug and play
    > in Tempest cabinet for instance. I guess the control setup would take
    > some work too though. Would the Tempest monitor work???
    >
    > Mark Hooks
    >

    > "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> Quantum boards have traditionally been valued at $500. This includes
    >> the insane days and hasn't deviated too much since.
    >>
    >> tim (NH)
    >>
    >> "LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> working pcb for 400???
    >>>
    >>> I'll take a few of those...
    >>>
    >>> L.

  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    The prices stated for the specific parts were all based on emails I
    received. The ones that surprised me were the control panel at $250
    and the wiring harness at $400. I would think it would be pretty easy
    to make a harness from scratch. The PCB price was no surprise at all
    to me seeing that I sold my spare for the exact same amount about a
    year ago. It does help the price if you actaully can test the working
    boardset in a working game. In any case, the cabinet is probably the
    only part of the cab that I wish I could have made better. I am not
    good at fixing wood touch ups and sideart. I would rate the cabinet at
    a 6 out of 10. The control panel doesn't look bad, and if I really
    wanted to make it better I would replace the original with my repro CPO
    that looks identical to the original.

    Jon
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace Mark Hooks <markhooks@earthlink.net> wrote:
    : Hmmm, given the value of these, I wonder what it would cost to build a
    : replacement board from scratch? Anyone want to take this on? I'm thinking
    : that a pinout for a more common game would be a nice touch. Plug and play in
    : Tempest cabinet for instance. I guess the control setup would take some
    : work too though. Would the Tempest monitor work???

    The pcbs would be ridiculously expensive at that size, and many of the
    vector output components are still very spendy. I think it'd be hard
    to make any profit selling them at market prices.

    I drilled a tempest CP for a trackball (3" bi-metal hole saw bit) and painted
    it up years ago when I first ran my quantum to tempest converter boards.

    ....but it's just not the same as playing it in the blue-tiful original cab.

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Except for some of Clay's kits my collection is all original games, so I
    agree that the original is best. The cabinet adds a lot of character.
    However the idea of a multivector is an appealing due to space limitations.

    Mark Hooks

    "Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
    > In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace Mark Hooks <markhooks@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    > : Hmmm, given the value of these, I wonder what it would cost to build a
    > : replacement board from scratch? Anyone want to take this on? I'm
    > thinking
    > : that a pinout for a more common game would be a nice touch. Plug and
    > play in
    > : Tempest cabinet for instance. I guess the control setup would take some
    > : work too though. Would the Tempest monitor work???
    >
    > The pcbs would be ridiculously expensive at that size, and many of the
    > vector output components are still very spendy. I think it'd be hard
    > to make any profit selling them at market prices.
    >
    > I drilled a tempest CP for a trackball (3" bi-metal hole saw bit) and
    > painted
    > it up years ago when I first ran my quantum to tempest converter boards.
    >
    > ...but it's just not the same as playing it in the blue-tiful original
    > cab.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    > 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
    > Cambridge, MA 02139
    > (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    > Plug and play in
    > Tempest cabinet for instance. I guess the control setup would take some
    > work too though. Would the Tempest monitor work???

    A multivector on one board would be cool. Sort of like having all the
    atari vector games on one custom board and then making a custom
    multivector control panel. Those boards would be 1/4 or less of the
    size today.

    Ahh, to dream.

    Kirb

Games Video Atari Video Games