registration help!

i booght a computer a compaq hp d530 from a company close out and the windows
xp pro installed on it says that i have 20 days to register but when i click
on the link it tells me that windows is already registered but it keeps
counting down the days! can some body please help me???

Reboot to Safe Mode:
Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select Safe Mode at the menu

Start/Run
Type "regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll" ENTER
Type "regsvr32.exe licdll.dll" ENTER

Reboot.
Activate again
Reboot

Otherwise since the computer is new, contact the manufacturer for warranty
support.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"alkaseltzer4" <alkaseltzer4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i booght a computer a compaq hp d530 from a company close out and the
>windows
> xp pro installed on it says that i have 20 days to register but when i
> click
> on the link it tells me that windows is already registered but it keeps
> counting down the days! can some body please help me???

Road_Runner

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

Did you try given Compaq HP a phone call ? If its a new computer you should
be cover under warranty and , I would believe they would probably provider
30 days free tech support , I would give them a call and explain your
situation