Gq rx-7335 processor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtreichler

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Can I upgrade the Celeron 2.4 gHz single-processor chip (400 mHz FSB) to a multi-processor celeron chip that drops-in?

Any thoughts?
Appreciate!
JohnT.

jrtreichler

Honorable
May 3, 2012

==================
Thanks to GR2 for responding.
My old Great Quality RX-7335 model laptop from Fry's Electronics was a good compromise txixt features and cost compared to the full-featured laptops at the time. It came with XP. I could run MS-word or Excel if I didn't run both at the same time or while connected to the Internet. Good enough for office work on the road. Nice thing about this product is that the manufacturer [GQ, sic] expected the User to open the case and make substitutions/ upgrades.

Now, years later I want to upgrade the Celeron to dual core but not sure where to check the pad compatibility for drop-in.

User guide for the GQ RX-7335 advises:
1. CPU Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz processor.
2. Core Logic SIS M661FX + SIS 963. [I'm checking the SIS website for "advanced" capabilities].
3. Single memory slot SO DIMM, max memory 512K. [allegedly, but I will try more in the same footprint].
4. Video/Graphic shared memory.

Anyone have a link to a good intel processor roadmap for a CPU as old as this?
==============
Found this from Google:
A July 20 DigiTimes report doesn't go into detail on the above, but it does say Intel will launch dual-core Celeron G540 (2.5GHz) and G530 (2.4GHz), as well as single-core Celeron G440 (1.6GHz) processors, in September. Priced at $52, $42, and $37 in thousand-unit tray quantities, respectively, they'll replace six existing Celeron processors (including the E3500 and 450), according to authors Monica Chen and Joseph Tsai.

For notebook platforms, Intel will launch the dual-core Celeron B840 and B800, plus the single-core Celeron B710, DigiTimes adds. These will be priced at $86, $86, and $70, respectively, the report says.
=================

So, I'm checking these possibilities. However, I expect someone out there has already upgraded this laptop as far as possible and has real-world info/ experience.

Even negative responses appreciated.
John T>

ps: I know, I expect I could pay $200 now and get more capability, but I'm attached to the old beast. Good memories of doing office work in a hotel room with a beer nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS