CD-RW Drive Is Always Ejected

Hi,

There power was suddenly cut off a few hours ago and since then my
computer's cd-rw drive has stopped from ejecting! Whenever I push it in, it
always ejects out. I tried to put in a data cd into the drive, but it does
not read or load the disc and ejects it out. On my dvd drive, the disc reads
and loads, so it's not a problem with the disc. My computer tells me that
the cd-rw drive is working fine, so it can't detect this problem. I did a
system restore, but nothing has changed. Obviously, I have rebooted for
several times, but still the same problem... the cd-rw drive continues to
eject and doesn't load any disc!

Please help!

If it isn't already clear, my drive is ALWAYS ejecting, it has NOT stopped
from ejecting... Apparently, I forgot to write the word "not" in the first
sentence of my post, so I'm correcting it now.

Thanks!