Deleted file without using program option

April 2, 2005 3:35:02 AM

Hi I've deleted a games program without using the delete program utility in
Windows XP - now when I try re-install it tells me that the prgram needs to
be unistalled. If I go into the install uninstall utility it tells me its not
installed? Does this sound like double dutch? Help!!!!
--
jc

More about : deleted file program option

April 2, 2005 6:28:10 AM

"cashey" <cashey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I've deleted a games program without using the delete program utility
in
> Windows XP - now when I try re-install it tells me that the prgram needs
> be unistalled. If I go into the install uninstall utility it tells me its
not
> installed? Does this sound like double dutch? Help!!!!

one way to do it would be to do a regestry search and delete
any entires from the program