SCUD RACE twin right side not working

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 3, 2005 2:40:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Just bought a scud race twin for home use. It has a few problems and I
hope someone here can help me.

problem 1

The right seat does not start up (the monitor lights up but no game
image). I have exchanged the whole game pcb board with the working left
side and the (right) game pcb works, so that's not the problem.
What can I check next?

And then 2 smaller problems;

left side gives "drive board error", no force feedback.

Very faint music from seat speakers, cannot be turned up by adjusting
the pot in the coin door.

Does anyone know a site for Sega model 3 repairs? Scematics? Manuals?

Or maybe a list with the error codes from the pcb with the 7 segment
displays on it.

Thanks for the help.
July 3, 2005 4:00:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Just found out that the power supply for the game pcb is defective.

That just leaves me with the other 2 problems......
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 12:40:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Scud Race is the Same as Super GT Model 3 step 1.5

Here is the main Sega service site

http://www.sauservice.com/

Here is the site for the Super GT

http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/Super%20GT/Super%20GT...

Try switching amps and sound boards and see if that gives you sound in the
rear speakers (my guess would be the AMP.)

http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/Super%20GT/Super%20GT...

Drive control board here with the error codes

http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/Super%20GT/Super%20GT...

Sega did not release schematics to general public after any Model 1 games
(nice huh?)

I am trying to get schematics for Daytona 2 USA if anyone can help me.

I've got a Daytona 2 USA Power Edition and I'm trying to find how to change
the region info from Japanese to US. This is the best kept secret in the
world.

The xbox has been hacked (more info than one knows what to do with)
DSS Satellite Hacked (again more info than one knows what to do with)
DVD Region Hacked (again....)

How sega has managed to keep this info out of circulation is AMAZING.

Good Luck

"Peter" <hydropeter@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just bought a scud race twin for home use. It has a few problems and I
> hope someone here can help me.
>
> problem 1
>
> The right seat does not start up (the monitor lights up but no game
> image). I have exchanged the whole game pcb board with the working left
> side and the (right) game pcb works, so that's not the problem.
> What can I check next?
>

> And then 2 smaller problems;
>
> left side gives "drive board error", no force feedback.
>
> Very faint music from seat speakers, cannot be turned up by adjusting
> the pot in the coin door.
>

> Does anyone know a site for Sega model 3 repairs? Scematics? Manuals?
>
> Or maybe a list with the error codes from the pcb with the 7 segment
> displays on it.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Related resources
July 4, 2005 5:38:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

WOW!

This is very useful info, thanks!

I love Sega but I don't like the fact that they keep their scematics a
secret. Even the distrubutors in my area have no acces to this
information, sigh.

You got a Daytona 2? That's my all time favourite, but it is too
expensive so my scud race will have to do untill I can afford one.

Thanks again!
July 4, 2005 7:22:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Ok, got the music fixed. Just a stupid pinched wire.

That just leaves me with the force feedback.

I get error code 02 and sometimes 03 also. Where axactly is the rom
chip located?
!