I'm a student at a German university my subject is computer science and I'm searching for a new powerful, but portable (!), notebook.
I'm going to go through the FAQ:
1. What is your budget?
Maximum of 1500€
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 to 15 inch
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I'm flexible. But the higher, the better (or not?).
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 2-3h.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No, I don't want to play games on it.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
3D-Rendering should be easy for the Device. Realtime-3D-Animation and also working with large files in Photoshop.
Furthermore I am going to write my bachelor thesis on this laptop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
unimportant, because I have a lot of external hard drives.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'm going to look myself for the best place to buy .
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
A minimum of 2-3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't need any optical drive. If the laptop has one, I won't refuse it .
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
There is no preference.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
As told at the beginning, I'm searching for a powerful laptop that is easy to take with.
Thank you WR2 for your good idea. So far, I had excluded gaming laptops. But your argument is very good . The laptop you posted is really powerful and not that expensive.
Furthermore I like the possibility to order it without an OS (I've got a licence from my university for windows 7). Do you know, if the laptop is loud, if I use him just for textual work?
Do you know, if the laptop is loud, if I use him just for textual work?
It should be very quiet when the dedicated graphics card is completely shut down (Optimus).
Call the people at NEXOC and ask them. You'll find it's very nice to be able to talk with the people who will actually build your system.
Since you won't need a copy of Windows 7 you might want to think about adding a fast 120GB SSD as your boot drive and a standard 500GB 5400rpm HDD as the 2nd data storage device. Should still be about the same price ~€1279.
Talk to NEXOC about that option too. That notebook will take 2x HDD möglich (or 1xSSD and 1xHDD)