FAO Pinky (or other Norwegians)

(no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)

Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from Odd
Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?

Cheers,

Mikael
18 answers Last reply
More about pinky norwegians

    Mikael Scholer wrote:

    > (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)

    It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Neutral Milk Hotel - In the aeroplane over the sea

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
    <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >Mikael Scholer wrote:
    >
    >> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
    >
    >It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)

    Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".

    -Nick

    Em Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:51:34 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
    escreveu:

    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
    > <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
    >
    >> Mikael Scholer wrote:
    >>
    >>> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
    >>
    >> It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
    >
    > Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
    >
    > -Nick

    why send a for attention "only" on usenet? :-)

    --
    The Brazilian Man

    Nick the Greek wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
    > <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
    >

    >>Mikael Scholer wrote:
    >>

    >>>(no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
    >>
    >>It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
    >

    > Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
    >
    > -Nick

    Fat Ass Oik

    --

    I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my girlfriend to
    go swimming.

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:17:58 +0100, Miljenko
    <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >> >It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
    >
    >> Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
    >
    >I know only of the following meanings... ;-)
    >
    >FAO Faro, Portugal - Faro (Airport Code)

    Faro has an airport ? Not international I assume.

    -Nick

    Nick the Greek wrote:

    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
    > <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
    > >Mikael Scholer wrote:
    > >> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
    > >
    > >It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
    >
    > Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".

    Oh yes it does; 'For the Attention Of'. See
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=FAO

    If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
    nothing else?

    On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 03:21:39 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe
    <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote:

    >Nick the Greek wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
    >> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
    >>
    >> Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
    >
    >Oh yes it does; 'For the Attention Of'. See
    >http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=FAO

    All right then. I learnt something today.

    >If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
    >nothing else?

    No, but only the name that follows FAO should play attention to it.

    -Nick

    Nick the Greek wrote:

    > >If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
    > >nothing else?

    > No, but only the name that follows FAO should play attention to it.

    Shouldn't it then be "for attention of only <name>" and not "for
    attention only <name>"? :-P

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Laufer - Govorim u snu

    Ripper of www.acronymfinder.com!

    The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

    > > I know only of the following meanings... ;-)
    > >
    > > FAO Financial Aid Officer
    > > FAO Faro, Portugal - Faro (Airport Code)

    > Ripper of www.acronymfinder.com!

    That's what it's there for. :-P

    --

    "Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreef in bericht
    > The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
    >
    >> > I know only of the following meanings... ;-)
    >> >
    >> > FAO Financial Aid Officer
    >> > FAO Faro, Portugal - Faro (Airport Code)
    >
    >> Ripper of www.acronymfinder.com!
    >
    > That's what it's there for. :-P
    >
    > --
    > Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]
    >
    > np: Laufer - Govorim u snu

    LOL!

    Did you search for FM?

    The two best are at the bottom of the first page, allthough Fault Manager
    was also funny

    Mikael Schøler wrote:

    > (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
    >
    > Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from Odd
    > Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Mikael

    He`s a football player and he`s been in the national side. He`s a strong
    player and Rosenborg wanted him a few years ago, but they got Robbie
    Russel (usa national team) instead. The team he played for, Odd, is not
    a team a good player get to show his stuff in. Hard work, and mid table.
    I think he`s a good signing.

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:43:17 +0100, Miljenko
    <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >Nick the Greek wrote:
    >
    >> >If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
    >> >nothing else?
    >
    >> No, but only the name that follows FAO should play attention to it.
    >
    >Shouldn't it then be "for attention of only <name>" and not "for
    >attention only <name>"? :-P

    Could be. Or not :-)

    -Nick

    Mr. Pink wrote:
    > Mikael Schøler wrote:
    >
    >> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
    >>
    >> Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from
    >> Odd Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Mikael
    >

    > He`s a football player and he`s been in the national side. He`s a strong
    > player and Rosenborg wanted him a few years ago, but they got Robbie
    > Russel (usa national team) instead. The team he played for, Odd, is not
    > a team a good player get to show his stuff in. Hard work, and mid table.
    > I think he`s a good signing.
    Thanks. That's pretty much what they say here too. We are losing a
    couple of defensive players during the next 6 months, so good
    replacemente is needed. Fernando Derveld - a dutch left back (the best
    for several years in the danish league) is going to Herenveen on a free
    transfer, so the signing of Aas is a bit comforting.

    Mikael

    Mikael Schøler wrote:
    > Mr. Pink wrote:
    >
    >> Mikael Schøler wrote:
    >>
    >>> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
    >>>
    >>> Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from
    >>> Odd Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Mikael
    >>

    >> He`s a football player and he`s been in the national side. He`s a
    >> strong player and Rosenborg wanted him a few years ago, but they got
    >> Robbie Russel (usa national team) instead. The team he played for,
    >> Odd, is not a team a good player get to show his stuff in. Hard work,
    >> and mid table. I think he`s a good signing.
    >
    > Thanks. That's pretty much what they say here too. We are losing a
    > couple of defensive players during the next 6 months, so good
    > replacemente is needed. Fernando Derveld - a dutch left back (the best
    > for several years in the danish league) is going to Herenveen on a free
    > transfer, so the signing of Aas is a bit comforting.
    >
    > Mikael

    He is is "simple" player. He usually goes for the simplest solutions. No
    fancy stuff for the crowd. I guess it`s a good thing if you`re not a
    real madrid player....

    ">
    > He is is "simple" player. He usually goes for the simplest solutions. No
    > fancy stuff for the crowd. I guess it`s a good thing if you`re not a
    > real madrid player....

    Sounds like Jakob Lauersen....

    >> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)

    For Attention Of I think...

    Michael Rode wrote:
    > ">
    >
    >>He is is "simple" player. He usually goes for the simplest solutions. No
    >> fancy stuff for the crowd. I guess it`s a good thing if you`re not a
    >>real madrid player....
    >

    > Sounds like Jakob Lauersen....

    You mean Jacob Laursen who played for Derby and FC Copenhagen?

Games Video Games