FAO Pinky (or other Norwegians)

Last response: in Video Games
January 6, 2005 9:31:27 PM

(no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)

Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from Odd
Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?

Cheers,

Mikael

More about : fao pinky norwegians

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 10:06:13 PM

Mikael Scholer wrote:

> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)

It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Neutral Milk Hotel - In the aeroplane over the sea
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 11:51:34 PM

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Mikael Scholer wrote:
>
>> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
>
>It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)

Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".

-Nick
January 6, 2005 11:51:35 PM

Em Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:51:34 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
escreveu:

> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
>
>> Mikael Scholer wrote:
>>
>>> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
>>
>> It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
>
> Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
>
> -Nick

why send a for attention "only" on usenet? :-)

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
>

>>Mikael Scholer wrote:
>>

>>>(no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
>>
>>It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
>

> Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
>
> -Nick

Fat Ass Oik

--

I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my girlfriend to
go swimming.

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:17:58 +0100, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>> >It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
>
>> Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
>
>I know only of the following meanings... ;-)
>
>FAO Faro, Portugal - Faro (Airport Code)

Faro has an airport ? Not international I assume.

-Nick
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:21:39 AM

Nick the Greek wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
> >Mikael Scholer wrote:
> >> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
> >
> >It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
>
> Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".

Oh yes it does; 'For the Attention Of'. See
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&...

If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
nothing else?
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:21:40 AM

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 03:21:39 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe
<scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:06:13 +0100, Miljenko
>> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >It means "for attention of". At least one mystery solved. :-)
>>
>> Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
>
>Oh yes it does; 'For the Attention Of'. See
>http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&...

All right then. I learnt something today.

>If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
>nothing else?

No, but only the name that follows FAO should play attention to it.

-Nick
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:21:41 AM

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
> >nothing else?

> No, but only the name that follows FAO should play attention to it.

Shouldn't it then be "for attention of only <name>" and not "for
attention only <name>"? :-P

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Laufer - Govorim u snu
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:23:00 AM

Miljenko wrote:

> Nick the Greek wrote:
> > Does it ? I thought it meant "For Attention Only".
>
> I know only of the following meanings... ;-)
>
> FAO Financial Aid Officer
> FAO Faro, Portugal - Faro (Airport Code)

Ripper of www.acronymfinder.com!
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:23:01 AM

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

> > I know only of the following meanings... ;-)
> >
> > FAO Financial Aid Officer
> > FAO Faro, Portugal - Faro (Airport Code)

> Ripper of www.acronymfinder.com!

That's what it's there for. :-P

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Laufer - Govorim u snu
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:23:02 AM

"Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreef in bericht
> The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
>
>> > I know only of the following meanings... ;-)
>> >
>> > FAO Financial Aid Officer
>> > FAO Faro, Portugal - Faro (Airport Code)
>
>> Ripper of www.acronymfinder.com!
>
> That's what it's there for. :-P
>
> --
> Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]
>
> np: Laufer - Govorim u snu

LOL!

Did you search for FM?

The two best are at the bottom of the first page, allthough Fault Manager
was also funny
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 7:22:38 PM

Mikael Schøler wrote:

> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
>
> Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from Odd
> Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mikael

He`s a football player and he`s been in the national side. He`s a strong
player and Rosenborg wanted him a few years ago, but they got Robbie
Russel (usa national team) instead. The team he played for, Odd, is not
a team a good player get to show his stuff in. Hard work, and mid table.
I think he`s a good signing.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:10:18 AM

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:43:17 +0100, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>
>> >If it is For Attention Only, it does not even parse. So I can only pay attention to it but
>> >nothing else?
>
>> No, but only the name that follows FAO should play attention to it.
>
>Shouldn't it then be "for attention of only <name>" and not "for
>attention only <name>"? :-P

Could be. Or not :-)

-Nick
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:58:43 AM

Mr. Pink wrote:
> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>
>> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
>>
>> Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from
>> Odd Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mikael
>

> He`s a football player and he`s been in the national side. He`s a strong
> player and Rosenborg wanted him a few years ago, but they got Robbie
> Russel (usa national team) instead. The team he played for, Odd, is not
> a team a good player get to show his stuff in. Hard work, and mid table.
> I think he`s a good signing.
Thanks. That's pretty much what they say here too. We are losing a
couple of defensive players during the next 6 months, so good
replacemente is needed. Fernando Derveld - a dutch left back (the best
for several years in the danish league) is going to Herenveen on a free
transfer, so the signing of Aas is a bit comforting.

Mikael
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:45:42 PM

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> Mr. Pink wrote:
>
>> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>>
>>> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)
>>>
>>> Odense Boldklub (OB) here in Denmark just signed Alexander Aas from
>>> Odd Grenland on a free transfer.. Do you know anything about this guy?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Mikael
>>

>> He`s a football player and he`s been in the national side. He`s a
>> strong player and Rosenborg wanted him a few years ago, but they got
>> Robbie Russel (usa national team) instead. The team he played for,
>> Odd, is not a team a good player get to show his stuff in. Hard work,
>> and mid table. I think he`s a good signing.
>
> Thanks. That's pretty much what they say here too. We are losing a
> couple of defensive players during the next 6 months, so good
> replacemente is needed. Fernando Derveld - a dutch left back (the best
> for several years in the danish league) is going to Herenveen on a free
> transfer, so the signing of Aas is a bit comforting.
>
> Mikael

He is is "simple" player. He usually goes for the simplest solutions. No
fancy stuff for the crowd. I guess it`s a good thing if you`re not a
real madrid player....
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 3:49:08 PM

">
> He is is "simple" player. He usually goes for the simplest solutions. No
> fancy stuff for the crowd. I guess it`s a good thing if you`re not a
> real madrid player....

Sounds like Jakob Lauersen....
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 4:33:29 PM

>> (no idea what FAO means but everybody uses it)

For Attention Of I think...
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 8:16:20 PM

Michael Rode wrote:
> ">
>
>>He is is "simple" player. He usually goes for the simplest solutions. No
>> fancy stuff for the crowd. I guess it`s a good thing if you`re not a
>>real madrid player....
>

> Sounds like Jakob Lauersen....

You mean Jacob Laursen who played for Derby and FC Copenhagen?
!