Error message when install Windows XP

cyberbrain

Hi. Recently I am trying to install windows xp onto my pc but I met with
some problems. The system configuration is as below:

Pentium 2-MMX CPU 350MHZ
IBM harddisk 8GB
128MB SDRAM

During the setup menu, it highlighted that
"File \i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded.
Error code 32768.
Setup cannot continue - Press any key to exit."

Anyone what does this indicate? What does the message mean?

--
Cyberbrain

Take a look here. If you need a Win98 bootdisk you can get one here
www.bootdisk.com
http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366

"Cyberbrain" <Cyberbrain.1mvgdp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi. Recently I am trying to install windows xp onto my pc but I met with
> some problems. The system configuration is as below:
>
> Pentium 2-MMX CPU 350MHZ
> IBM harddisk 8GB
> 128MB SDRAM
>
> During the setup menu, it highlighted that
> "File \i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded.
> Error code 32768.
> Setup cannot continue - Press any key to exit."
>
> Anyone what does this indicate? What does the message mean?
>

> --
> Cyberbrain

Hi,

Could be:

- faulty or failing ram
- BIOS too old
- other faulty hardware
- overclocked system

Basically, there is a hardware problem, and setup isn't going to go through
until it has been rectified.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/