Error message when install Windows XP

Hi. Recently I am trying to install windows xp onto my pc but I met with
some problems. The system configuration is as below:

Pentium 2-MMX CPU 350MHZ
IBM harddisk 8GB
128MB SDRAM

During the setup menu, it highlighted that
"File \i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded.
Error code 32768.
Setup cannot continue - Press any key to exit."

Anyone what does this indicate? What does the message mean?

--
Cyberbrain
2 answers Last reply

    Take a look here. If you need a Win98 bootdisk you can get one here
    www.bootdisk.com
    http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366

    "Cyberbrain" <Cyberbrain.1mvgdp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hi. Recently I am trying to install windows xp onto my pc but I met with
    > some problems. The system configuration is as below:
    >
    > Pentium 2-MMX CPU 350MHZ
    > IBM harddisk 8GB
    > 128MB SDRAM
    >
    > During the setup menu, it highlighted that
    > "File \i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded.
    > Error code 32768.
    > Setup cannot continue - Press any key to exit."
    >
    > Anyone what does this indicate? What does the message mean?
    >

    > --
    > Cyberbrain

    Hi,

    Could be:

    - faulty or failing ram
    - BIOS too old
    - other faulty hardware
    - overclocked system

    Basically, there is a hardware problem, and setup isn't going to go through
    until it has been rectified.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Cyberbrain" <Cyberbrain.1mvgdp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hi. Recently I am trying to install windows xp onto my pc but I met with
    > some problems. The system configuration is as below:
    >
    > Pentium 2-MMX CPU 350MHZ
    > IBM harddisk 8GB
    > 128MB SDRAM
    >
    > During the setup menu, it highlighted that
    > "File \i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded.
    > Error code 32768.
    > Setup cannot continue - Press any key to exit."
    >
    > Anyone what does this indicate? What does the message mean?
    >

    > --
    > Cyberbrain

Error Message Windows XP