Icons and system tray

April 2, 2005 9:00:37 PM

I've posted this already and received no response sooo.........

Hi all...... I am having a problem with icons staying in the
configuration I choose for them in the system tray. I use properties to
choose whether they should, show all the time, hide all the time or just
hide when inactive. The problem is that they don't seem to hold these
settings. Does the fact that Hide inactive icons on the front page of
properties is enabled have an affect on this? Does it over ride the
other settings chosen in Customize? How can I make them hold their settings?

thanks
Newfdog

More about : icons system tray

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 12:00:06 PM

Hi Newfdog,

See if clearing the past notification items helps. The list will be rebuilt
as and when you open new applications.

How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q283084

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User