Modem Problems

I'm having an interesting problem with my internal modem. When I go online
with the internal modem, after about 5 minutes I get disconnected. At first I
thought it was the modem, so I bought a new modem, installed it and I'm
having the same problem. Here's the interesting part. When I hook up my old
External modem it works fine. Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about modem problems

    I would guess that was a BIOS problem, if the external modem was not on a serial port. (e.g a USB modem). I would look for a
    conflict on the port in device manager or system info. (start/run, type: devmgmt.msc or msinfo32)

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "KM" <KM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F22A1923-8791-4B44-B490-8E58EE46F5ED@microsoft.com...
    > I'm having an interesting problem with my internal modem. When I go online
    > with the internal modem, after about 5 minutes I get disconnected. At first I
    > thought it was the modem, so I bought a new modem, installed it and I'm
    > having the same problem. Here's the interesting part. When I hook up my old
    > External modem it works fine. Any suggestions?

Support Modem Microsoft Windows XP