km

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

I'm having an interesting problem with my internal modem. When I go online
with the internal modem, after about 5 minutes I get disconnected. At first I
thought it was the modem, so I bought a new modem, installed it and I'm
having the same problem. Here's the interesting part. When I hook up my old
External modem it works fine. Any suggestions?

I would guess that was a BIOS problem, if the external modem was not on a serial port. (e.g a USB modem). I would look for a
conflict on the port in device manager or system info. (start/run, type: devmgmt.msc or msinfo32)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509