FA : Atari Quantum 24hrs left!!!!!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hello,

I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
back with everyone!!!

Jon "NINERIDER"

guinness

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the final
minute(s).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392

tim (NH)

<rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
> back with everyone!!!
>
> Jon "NINERIDER"

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I'll bet a bunch of collectors will jump in at the last second.

Mark

"guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the final
> minute(s).
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
>
> tim (NH)
>
> <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
>> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
>> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
>> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
>> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
>> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
>> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
>> back with everyone!!!
>>
>> Jon "NINERIDER"

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I am not interested in this game but think that "Jon" should have
disclosed water damage in the auction description. Water damage is NOT
normal dings and scratches. Diappointing that a fellow RGVACer would
solicit the group with a misleading transaction. Bad Bad Bad....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Those pics dont really show the massive cabinet damage this game has. Buyer
Beware!

Seller is honest and sent me close ups of the bad areas but those pics are
not in the auction.

"guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the final
> minute(s).
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
>
> tim (NH)
>
> <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
>> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
>> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
>> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
>> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
>> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
>> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
>> back with everyone!!!
>>
>> Jon "NINERIDER"

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I wasn't going to say anything about that, but since the cats out of the bag
already, Greg is right. This Quantum has water damage along the top and back
sides. It's also got various scrapes and gouges here and there all over.
I've seen this game in person when I went to look at the Food Fight he has
last year. If you are seriously considering this game, request additional
pics and know what your getting yourself into before the purchase.

Brian

"SalahiAndSon" <salahiandson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Those pics dont really show the massive cabinet damage this game has.
Buyer
> Beware!
>
> Seller is honest and sent me close ups of the bad areas but those pics are
> not in the auction.
>

> "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the
final
> > minute(s).
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
> >
> > tim (NH)
> >
> > <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
> >> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
> >> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
> >> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
> >> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
> >> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
> >> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
> >> back with everyone!!!
> >>
> >> Jon "NINERIDER"

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I guess now we know why the 'bottom is falling out of Quantum prices' now
huh?

/b

"Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I wasn't going to say anything about that, but since the cats out of the
>bag
> already, Greg is right. This Quantum has water damage along the top and
> back
> sides. It's also got various scrapes and gouges here and there all over.
> I've seen this game in person when I went to look at the Food Fight he has
> last year. If you are seriously considering this game, request additional
> pics and know what your getting yourself into before the purchase.
>
> Brian
>

> "SalahiAndSon" <salahiandson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Those pics dont really show the massive cabinet damage this game has.
> Buyer
>> Beware!
>>
>> Seller is honest and sent me close ups of the bad areas but those pics
>> are
>> not in the auction.
>>

>> "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> > Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the
> final
>> > minute(s).
>> >
>> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
>> >
>> > tim (NH)
>> >
>> > <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

definitely a part out then. I really don't think it would get $2000 w/o the
water damage.
There are a lot more of these out there then people originally thought.
now I see why he would part it.

Troy,

<emailgsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am not interested in this game but think that "Jon" should have
> disclosed water damage in the auction description. Water damage is NOT
> normal dings and scratches. Diappointing that a fellow RGVACer would
> solicit the group with a misleading transaction. Bad Bad Bad....

RobR

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I'm guessing that many of your watchers are us :). I'm the other guy
with a Quantum and I'm watching to see if it sells. If you do, mine
goes up next if I don't close a deal with one of the people I've
been exchanging emails with.

As a reminder, pics of mine are here: http://www.nema.com/quantum

<rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
> back with everyone!!!
>
> Jon "NINERIDER"

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I would like to point out a few things before everybody starts nailing
me with trying ot be dishonest. First, Troy was the person that I
believe I got the Quantum from in the first place. There is damage to
the cabinet as I disclosed in my auction. Anyone that emailed me with
questions on the Quantum got very close pics of the game. If it is
water damage on the cabinet it is not as bad as it has been made out to
be. There is some swelling on the top of the cabinet and it looks like
the back has been repaired (possibly with bondo...but not because of
water damage). The parts of the cabinet that really are damaged is the
side of the control panel (dinged in from another game during
transport), and a four inch scrape on the left side of the cabinet
(also from being delivered to me....by Troy). I was very happy to find
a Quantum and desided it was worth a trade with Troy for the game (even
with the damage during transporting). Now, Brian did see the Quantum
while checking out my Food Fight...and said that the damage would be an
easy repair for him. I know Brian repairs games on a regular basis so
it might be an easy fix for him. In any case, I am going to put in
the auction that the cabinet does have minor water damage and to please
request close up pictures before bidding. I am sorry if any of you
feel that I have mislead you......but some of the damage on the cabinet
was not even noticed by me until I took a closer look. The game does
work, and as Brian told me in person, it can be repaired!!!

Jon

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

You didn't buy it from me. I'm in Las Vegas.
I have never owned one.

Troy,

> I would like to point out a few things before everybody starts nailing
> me with trying ot be dishonest. First, Troy was the person that I
> believe I got the Quantum from in the first place. There is damage to
> the cabinet as I disclosed in my auction. Anyone that emailed me with
> questions on the Quantum got very close pics of the game. If it is
> water damage on the cabinet it is not as bad as it has been made out to
> be. There is some swelling on the top of the cabinet and it looks like
> the back has been repaired (possibly with bondo...but not because of
> water damage). The parts of the cabinet that really are damaged is the
> side of the control panel (dinged in from another game during
> transport), and a four inch scrape on the left side of the cabinet
> (also from being delivered to me....by Troy). I was very happy to find
> a Quantum and desided it was worth a trade with Troy for the game (even
> with the damage during transporting). Now, Brian did see the Quantum
> while checking out my Food Fight...and said that the damage would be an
> easy repair for him. I know Brian repairs games on a regular basis so
> it might be an easy fix for him. In any case, I am going to put in
> the auction that the cabinet does have minor water damage and to please
> request close up pictures before bidding. I am sorry if any of you
> feel that I have mislead you......but some of the damage on the cabinet
> was not even noticed by me until I took a closer look. The game does
> work, and as Brian told me in person, it can be repaired!!!
>
> Jon

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I am sorry Troy, I am pretty bad remembering who I have delt with in
the past. I thought your name sounded familiar. In any case, it might
have been Todd?? Arcadeunlimited??? I am sorry, and didn't want to
sling around any names. In this case (whoever it was) had two of them
and lived somewhat close to Indy. Since I am responding...I did want
to thank everyone for noting to the group that the pictures of the
Quantum were not detailed enough. I have had a couple of potential
buyers email for more detailed pictures of the game. I have sent them
the same pics I sent to everyone else that asked. If anyone is curious
and just wants to see the pics, just email. I just don't want to be
accussed of trying to pull a fast one. I really try to let everyone
know all the details before I sell!!! As far as I can remember,
everyone I have ever sold to or traded with has been very happy with
what they have received. I can remember selling the following games on
the group with no complaints from the buyers......Qbert, Time Traveler,
MACH 3 (Cobra Command coversion), Dragon's Lair (couple of them), Space
Ace, Super Sprint, Dig Dug, Track and Field, Food Fight, and I am sure
there have been several I can't think of. Anyways, sorry Troy....I
thought it was you I got the game from!!!!!

Jon

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

No problem, I'm sure you maybe right on the name.
There is a few Troy's around here, Just wasn't this Troy.

Good luck on your auction, but if it doesn't sell part it out and make more
$.
More Quantum's will live on that way and you will get the $ you want out of
it.

Troy,

in Vegas

On 7 Jul 2005 16:08:44 -0700, rabus@insightbb.com wrote:

>I just don't want to be
>accussed of trying to pull a fast one.

There was nothing dishonest at all regarding this ebay auction in
my opinion. You clearly state in the auction that the cabinet is a 6
out of 10 condition. Any collector with half a brain would simply
email regarding this and ask for more pictures. The person who
suggested your auction is dishonest is out of line and/or is ignorant
regarding the specifics of this auction. Good luck! Daniel

ps. you got the game from Troy at arcade unlimited I seem to recall.
You did a partial trade for a dragons lair I believe....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Brian,

I do appreciate your comments, and also understand that you skill
in arcade restoration is probably higher than most. In any case, your
the first collector that has seen the game in person that had anything
negative to say about it....I guess I took that to heart!!! In any
case, I do apprecaite you taking the time to help me adjust the monitor
as I have a pretty limited knowledge of arcade monitors, game boards,
and of course restoration. If I can't buy another replacement, it is
hard for me to fix......this is my one fault in this hobby!!!! As long
as I can replace it with a working one, I'll do it. I just can't do
repairs :(

Jon

Jon

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

In all fairness to Jon, yes, the cab can be repaired for the most part. It
all depends on your skill and patience. I adjusted the monitor while I was
there and can vouch for a nice picture the game has. If you're really into
Quantum and can buy it for a reasonable price, it may be a project you want
to take on.

Brian