FA : Atari Quantum 24hrs left!!!!!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hello,

I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
back with everyone!!!

Jon "NINERIDER"
15 answers Last reply
More about atari quantum 24hrs left
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the final
    minute(s).

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392

    tim (NH)

    <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
    > Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
    > number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
    > IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
    > takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
    > will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
    > everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
    > back with everyone!!!
    >
    > Jon "NINERIDER"

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I'll bet a bunch of collectors will jump in at the last second.

    Mark

    "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the final
    > minute(s).
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
    >
    > tim (NH)
    >
    > <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
    >> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
    >> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
    >> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
    >> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
    >> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
    >> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
    >> back with everyone!!!
    >>
    >> Jon "NINERIDER"

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I am not interested in this game but think that "Jon" should have
    disclosed water damage in the auction description. Water damage is NOT
    normal dings and scratches. Diappointing that a fellow RGVACer would
    solicit the group with a misleading transaction. Bad Bad Bad....
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Those pics dont really show the massive cabinet damage this game has. Buyer
    Beware!

    Seller is honest and sent me close ups of the bad areas but those pics are
    not in the auction.

    "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the final
    > minute(s).
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
    >
    > tim (NH)
    >
    > <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
    >> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
    >> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
    >> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
    >> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
    >> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
    >> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
    >> back with everyone!!!
    >>
    >> Jon "NINERIDER"

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I wasn't going to say anything about that, but since the cats out of the bag
    already, Greg is right. This Quantum has water damage along the top and back
    sides. It's also got various scrapes and gouges here and there all over.
    I've seen this game in person when I went to look at the Food Fight he has
    last year. If you are seriously considering this game, request additional
    pics and know what your getting yourself into before the purchase.

    Brian

    "SalahiAndSon" <salahiandson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Those pics dont really show the massive cabinet damage this game has.
    Buyer
    > Beware!
    >
    > Seller is honest and sent me close ups of the bad areas but those pics are
    > not in the auction.
    >

    > "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > > Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the
    final
    > > minute(s).
    > >
    > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
    > >
    > > tim (NH)
    > >
    > > <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
    > >> Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
    > >> number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
    > >> IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
    > >> takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
    > >> will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
    > >> everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
    > >> back with everyone!!!
    > >>
    > >> Jon "NINERIDER"

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I guess now we know why the 'bottom is falling out of Quantum prices' now
    huh?

    /b

    "Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I wasn't going to say anything about that, but since the cats out of the
    >bag
    > already, Greg is right. This Quantum has water damage along the top and
    > back
    > sides. It's also got various scrapes and gouges here and there all over.
    > I've seen this game in person when I went to look at the Food Fight he has
    > last year. If you are seriously considering this game, request additional
    > pics and know what your getting yourself into before the purchase.
    >
    > Brian
    >

    > "SalahiAndSon" <salahiandson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Those pics dont really show the massive cabinet damage this game has.
    > Buyer
    >> Beware!
    >>
    >> Seller is honest and sent me close ups of the bad areas but those pics
    >> are
    >> not in the auction.
    >>

    >> "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> > Heres the f'n link. I would certainly count on some bidding in the
    > final
    >> > minute(s).
    >> >
    >> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6190802392
    >> >
    >> > tim (NH)
    >> >
    >> > <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    definitely a part out then. I really don't think it would get $2000 w/o the
    water damage.
    There are a lot more of these out there then people originally thought.
    now I see why he would part it.

    Troy,

    <emailgsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am not interested in this game but think that "Jon" should have
    > disclosed water damage in the auction description. Water damage is NOT
    > normal dings and scratches. Diappointing that a fellow RGVACer would
    > solicit the group with a misleading transaction. Bad Bad Bad....

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I'm guessing that many of your watchers are us :). I'm the other guy
    with a Quantum and I'm watching to see if it sells. If you do, mine
    goes up next if I don't close a deal with one of the people I've
    been exchanging emails with.

    As a reminder, pics of mine are here: http://www.nema.com/quantum

    <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that I have my Atari
    > Quantum arcade machine on ebay going on its last day!!!! The item
    > number is 6190802392. I have a modest starting bid of $2000 and a BUY
    > IT NOW at $2500. I have several people watching my auction, but no
    > takers. I guess if it doesn't sell on ebay, it isn't meant to be and
    > will remain my last and only game standing in my house :) Thanks for
    > everyone that has emailed for pictures and questions, and I hope I got
    > back with everyone!!!
    >
    > Jon "NINERIDER"

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I would like to point out a few things before everybody starts nailing
    me with trying ot be dishonest. First, Troy was the person that I
    believe I got the Quantum from in the first place. There is damage to
    the cabinet as I disclosed in my auction. Anyone that emailed me with
    questions on the Quantum got very close pics of the game. If it is
    water damage on the cabinet it is not as bad as it has been made out to
    be. There is some swelling on the top of the cabinet and it looks like
    the back has been repaired (possibly with bondo...but not because of
    water damage). The parts of the cabinet that really are damaged is the
    side of the control panel (dinged in from another game during
    transport), and a four inch scrape on the left side of the cabinet
    (also from being delivered to me....by Troy). I was very happy to find
    a Quantum and desided it was worth a trade with Troy for the game (even
    with the damage during transporting). Now, Brian did see the Quantum
    while checking out my Food Fight...and said that the damage would be an
    easy repair for him. I know Brian repairs games on a regular basis so
    it might be an easy fix for him. In any case, I am going to put in
    the auction that the cabinet does have minor water damage and to please
    request close up pictures before bidding. I am sorry if any of you
    feel that I have mislead you......but some of the damage on the cabinet
    was not even noticed by me until I took a closer look. The game does
    work, and as Brian told me in person, it can be repaired!!!

    Jon
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    You didn't buy it from me. I'm in Las Vegas.
    I have never owned one.

    Troy,

    > I would like to point out a few things before everybody starts nailing
    > me with trying ot be dishonest. First, Troy was the person that I
    > believe I got the Quantum from in the first place. There is damage to
    > the cabinet as I disclosed in my auction. Anyone that emailed me with
    > questions on the Quantum got very close pics of the game. If it is
    > water damage on the cabinet it is not as bad as it has been made out to
    > be. There is some swelling on the top of the cabinet and it looks like
    > the back has been repaired (possibly with bondo...but not because of
    > water damage). The parts of the cabinet that really are damaged is the
    > side of the control panel (dinged in from another game during
    > transport), and a four inch scrape on the left side of the cabinet
    > (also from being delivered to me....by Troy). I was very happy to find
    > a Quantum and desided it was worth a trade with Troy for the game (even
    > with the damage during transporting). Now, Brian did see the Quantum
    > while checking out my Food Fight...and said that the damage would be an
    > easy repair for him. I know Brian repairs games on a regular basis so
    > it might be an easy fix for him. In any case, I am going to put in
    > the auction that the cabinet does have minor water damage and to please
    > request close up pictures before bidding. I am sorry if any of you
    > feel that I have mislead you......but some of the damage on the cabinet
    > was not even noticed by me until I took a closer look. The game does
    > work, and as Brian told me in person, it can be repaired!!!
    >
    > Jon

  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I am sorry Troy, I am pretty bad remembering who I have delt with in
    the past. I thought your name sounded familiar. In any case, it might
    have been Todd?? Arcadeunlimited??? I am sorry, and didn't want to
    sling around any names. In this case (whoever it was) had two of them
    and lived somewhat close to Indy. Since I am responding...I did want
    to thank everyone for noting to the group that the pictures of the
    Quantum were not detailed enough. I have had a couple of potential
    buyers email for more detailed pictures of the game. I have sent them
    the same pics I sent to everyone else that asked. If anyone is curious
    and just wants to see the pics, just email. I just don't want to be
    accussed of trying to pull a fast one. I really try to let everyone
    know all the details before I sell!!! As far as I can remember,
    everyone I have ever sold to or traded with has been very happy with
    what they have received. I can remember selling the following games on
    the group with no complaints from the buyers......Qbert, Time Traveler,
    MACH 3 (Cobra Command coversion), Dragon's Lair (couple of them), Space
    Ace, Super Sprint, Dig Dug, Track and Field, Food Fight, and I am sure
    there have been several I can't think of. Anyways, sorry Troy....I
    thought it was you I got the game from!!!!!

    Jon
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    No problem, I'm sure you maybe right on the name.
    There is a few Troy's around here, Just wasn't this Troy.

    Good luck on your auction, but if it doesn't sell part it out and make more
    $.
    More Quantum's will live on that way and you will get the $ you want out of
    it.

    Troy,

    in Vegas

    > I am sorry Troy, I am pretty bad remembering who I have delt with in
    > the past. I thought your name sounded familiar. In any case, it might
    > have been Todd?? Arcadeunlimited??? I am sorry, and didn't want to
    > sling around any names. In this case (whoever it was) had two of them
    > and lived somewhat close to Indy. Since I am responding...I did want
    > to thank everyone for noting to the group that the pictures of the
    > Quantum were not detailed enough. I have had a couple of potential
    > buyers email for more detailed pictures of the game. I have sent them
    > the same pics I sent to everyone else that asked. If anyone is curious
    > and just wants to see the pics, just email. I just don't want to be
    > accussed of trying to pull a fast one. I really try to let everyone
    > know all the details before I sell!!! As far as I can remember,
    > everyone I have ever sold to or traded with has been very happy with
    > what they have received. I can remember selling the following games on
    > the group with no complaints from the buyers......Qbert, Time Traveler,
    > MACH 3 (Cobra Command coversion), Dragon's Lair (couple of them), Space
    > Ace, Super Sprint, Dig Dug, Track and Field, Food Fight, and I am sure
    > there have been several I can't think of. Anyways, sorry Troy....I
    > thought it was you I got the game from!!!!!
    >
    > Jon

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    On 7 Jul 2005 16:08:44 -0700, rabus@insightbb.com wrote:

    >I just don't want to be
    >accussed of trying to pull a fast one.

    There was nothing dishonest at all regarding this ebay auction in
    my opinion. You clearly state in the auction that the cabinet is a 6
    out of 10 condition. Any collector with half a brain would simply
    email regarding this and ask for more pictures. The person who
    suggested your auction is dishonest is out of line and/or is ignorant
    regarding the specifics of this auction. Good luck! Daniel

    ps. you got the game from Troy at arcade unlimited I seem to recall.
    You did a partial trade for a dragons lair I believe....

  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Brian,

    I do appreciate your comments, and also understand that you skill
    in arcade restoration is probably higher than most. In any case, your
    the first collector that has seen the game in person that had anything
    negative to say about it....I guess I took that to heart!!! In any
    case, I do apprecaite you taking the time to help me adjust the monitor
    as I have a pretty limited knowledge of arcade monitors, game boards,
    and of course restoration. If I can't buy another replacement, it is
    hard for me to fix......this is my one fault in this hobby!!!! As long
    as I can replace it with a working one, I'll do it. I just can't do
    repairs :(

    Jon

    Jon
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    In all fairness to Jon, yes, the cab can be repaired for the most part. It
    all depends on your skill and patience. I adjusted the monitor while I was
    there and can vouch for a nice picture the game has. If you're really into
    Quantum and can buy it for a reasonable price, it may be a project you want
    to take on.

    Brian

    <rabus@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to point out a few things before everybody starts nailing
    > me with trying ot be dishonest. First, Troy was the person that I
    > believe I got the Quantum from in the first place. There is damage to
    > the cabinet as I disclosed in my auction. Anyone that emailed me with
    > questions on the Quantum got very close pics of the game. If it is
    > water damage on the cabinet it is not as bad as it has been made out to
    > be. There is some swelling on the top of the cabinet and it looks like
    > the back has been repaired (possibly with bondo...but not because of
    > water damage). The parts of the cabinet that really are damaged is the
    > side of the control panel (dinged in from another game during
    > transport), and a four inch scrape on the left side of the cabinet
    > (also from being delivered to me....by Troy). I was very happy to find
    > a Quantum and desided it was worth a trade with Troy for the game (even
    > with the damage during transporting). Now, Brian did see the Quantum
    > while checking out my Food Fight...and said that the damage would be an
    > easy repair for him. I know Brian repairs games on a regular basis so
    > it might be an easy fix for him. In any case, I am going to put in
    > the auction that the cabinet does have minor water damage and to please
    > request close up pictures before bidding. I am sorry if any of you
    > feel that I have mislead you......but some of the damage on the cabinet
    > was not even noticed by me until I took a closer look. The game does
    > work, and as Brian told me in person, it can be repaired!!!
    >
    > Jon

Games Video Video Games Product