I am trying to clone an identical hard drive with Acronis True Image. When I
set the process to run the program requires a re-boot. When I re-boot, the
program hangs at verifying the index and gives the error mesage "index
corrupt" and quits. I ran checkdisk and retried with the same results. Does
anyone have any ideas about either repairing the C: drive index or deleting
and reinstalling. I am running XP home edition SP2.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

The best tool for a corrupt hard drive that windows has is chkdsk.
Boot to the XP setup CD, and press 'r' for recovery console, run the command : CHKDSK /R

however, I must admit, I'm not familiar with what 'index' is being referenced. MBR? Boot.ini? Recovery Console also has FIXMBR,
FIXBOOT, and BOOTCFG /REBUILD.
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509