Graphics card sizes!?!?!

danielrose1977

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2003
This is possibly the strangest issue I have ever encountered. At my work I have been given a "Cybernet Elite4 'Zero-footprint-PC'" and asked to fit a second graphics card to it...

Problem is that it has to be PCI and it has to be pretty small. I need a pci card that is shorter than a Creative Geforce MX440 and preferably that does not require a heatsink. I've been trying to dig up an old matrox card I've got somewhere... but if anyone can suggest a newer card that would be great.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think you're refering to half-height cards. Look at ALL the PCI graphics cards at Newegg, many of them are half-height, with full-height brackets. The brackets can be shortened. I've seen half-height cards using Radeon 9000, 9200, and 7200 chips, as well as GeForce2 MX200 and MX400. All have a heatsink.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>