• Software
  • Computers
  • Monitors
  • CPUs
  • Fan Speed
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 21, 2010 8:46:52 PM

I am looking for computer software to help me monitor cpu temp and fan speed. I not sure what is out there just looking for good solid performing software.
Thanks Mike

More about : software computer monitor fan speed cpu

June 22, 2010 9:28:59 AM

What type of setup do you have running ? What type of motherboard manufacture is it ? This is a good program to use: SpeedFan 4.40

http://download.cnet.com/SpeedFan/3000-2094_4-10067444....

I personally use PC Probe II because it came with my Asus board. It gives all the data that you're looking for; however, I am not sure if it's tailored specifically towards Asus based boards or any brand could use it for accurate results. If you want you could give that a try to; likewise, the one I linked to you should also be sufficient for your needs too.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b $ Windows 7
June 22, 2010 9:33:54 AM

hwmonitor by cpuid (the same guys who do cpuz) is pretty good. check out also realtemp and speedfan. some programs work better than others on different motherboards.
m
l
a c 83 à CPUs
June 23, 2010 1:35:34 AM

Personally I use hwmonitor, I use to use Speedfan but find hwmonitor to have more features and provide more data. AMD overdrive is also useful for monitoring system information if you've got an AMD system.
m
l
!