Ti 4800 Problem Please Help

Yavitz

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2003
I bought a eVGA Ti 4800 about 6 months ago, and I really havent had many complaints however it has been pretty mediocre performance wise. Well recently while playing Battlefield 1942 I have been getting really horrible frames (10-20 in a firefight, 20-30 normal) When I try and lower the graphics quality it either makes it worse or stays the same. I changed my drivers many times and still no improvement. I am running on a
AMD XP 2800+ 333 FSB
512 PC2700 RAM in sync to the FSB
eVGA Geforce 4 Ti 4800 8x AGP
500 W PSU
40gig 7200 primary
80gig 7200 slave

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Turn off anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing in your drivers control panel, turn off vertical sync, and set your mipmaps to the "performance" setting. Your card is good, but it's a last generation card, you need to adjust it to get good speed out of it. I would overclock the piss out of it also, it will really increase your framerates...

<b>I help because you suck.</b>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
yea hes got AF and AA not on.. gettin worse performance than my setup which is overall quite a bit slower. i get like, 70fps constant in BF1942 with full detail and mipmap cranked way up. no AF tho, of course (which really blows..anything 30 feet away is blurry as hell)

so its a software issue. hes got DX9b also. me and wuzy showed him Omega drivers and some NV driver cleaners...

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
dhlucke - "Phew...ok my wrists are hurting. I'm taking a break."

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Have you replaced your Ti4200 yet Phial?.....I should mail you my old one and you can glue em' together for some ass kicking nVidia performance :lol:

<b>I help because you suck.</b>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
hahahahahaha......... you tard

nah man :)

its a good card. solid overall performance. i dont game hardcore right now.. prolly pick it up this summer. right now im doing other stuff, like concentrating on work.

but yea. i remote desktop'd to his PC and it seemed to be because he had installed drivers overtop of eachother without uinstalling older versions.. totaally fubarred. i tryed installed teh trusty 44.03 det's and putting the 14.45 VIA Hyperion drivers on his mobo but still... something is totally messed up. he would have his video card appearing to be installed properly but wouldnt even have "Advanced" on Display Properties (i got a screen shot) and i could only use 16bit color.. but windows said all drivers were installed correctly. dxdiag wouldnt run half the d3d tests so i just restored his system to right before the moment be installed DX9b. ive actually encountered a similar prblm with my pc once when installing DX9 and having previous dx8 drivers intalled (yes i did that LOL)

we have a similar setup. GFTI.. KT333 and KT400 are essentially the same, only the KT400 "officially" supports 166 fsb cpu's. meh.. im going to bed lol

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
dhlucke - "Phew...ok my wrists are hurting. I'm taking a break."