XP Pro troubleshooting startup

Hi
I manage 25 systems and one has decided to freezeup keyboard and mouse as
soon as you type anything right at the log on step of the startup
any suggestions?

Pulling me hair out in Alaska

PS it's not hardware swapped the HD with another system and had the same
problem

Could still be hardware, might be the MB ports or cabling. If it's only the
one system, then that is the most likely scenario, assuming that you checked
the system for spyware/adware/viruses and such. Does it do the same thing in
Safe mode? If not, that would make it a software issue.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone