Sign in with
Your question

Gigacube making the best card...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2003 10:12:38 AM

Ok so its finally come with the release of the 9800xt, gigacube are making the best board out of the Ati mobs. I just thought i'd rrub this in as there are many cock nibblers here, yes you know who you are, who have discredited the gigacube line that made by gigabyte. So if you want a crap ass Ati card it seems gigacube are all the rage, by the way i'll be sticking with the more reliable and better known performer Nvidia. Anyhow chow

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

More about : gigacube making card

December 23, 2003 10:50:26 AM

*cuddle* After reading the total dipshit stuff sodnighthawk posts you seem relatively harmless these days rr. I mean if he'd go away I think I could almost enjoy you and popey's postings.

<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/html/shadus.html" target="_new">Shadus</A>
December 23, 2003 1:17:39 PM

rramjet sticking with Nvidia? Wow.

Never woulda guessed.

P.S. All we know about cock nibbling we learned from your dad, BTW.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 23, 2003 1:30:24 PM

Lest see if your nvidia beats my 9800XT. IN DX9
a b U Graphics card
December 23, 2003 9:58:52 PM

Gigacube isn't made by Gigabyte.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
December 23, 2003 10:26:48 PM

What do you expect from rammy
December 23, 2003 11:10:09 PM

Please don't ever have kids. Don't even adopt.

Thank you.

December 23, 2003 11:41:33 PM

After wasting my time viewing another of rramjet's post, I have decided that next time he posts, not to even look. I urge everyone to ignore him from now on. He has not posted one valuable piece of information ever! and does nothing but annoy people. Again, I urge everyone to just ignore him and maybe he'll go away.
December 24, 2003 3:18:15 AM

Cleeve as your moms ass has been ravaged multiple times by both you and your dad i think your incest is obvious to all. As for those who don't know that gigacube is a arm of gigabyte you are just showing yoour ignorance. And as for that last post what a dead set loser you must be like [-peep-] me.

December 24, 2003 3:56:49 AM

I LOVE U RAMMY!!!

GIGACUBE OWNS

hahahahahahahahahaha

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
FX5700Ultra, the next Ti4200? seems so
December 24, 2003 1:40:33 PM

Incest? Good god man, I don't know what's acceptable in your family, but that sort of mingling doesn't fly with *my* folks.

I suggest that you have spent to much time with your blood-kin on the farm. Interbreeding and copulation with farm animals and whatnot.

Go home rrammy, your auntie-mom the hog-woman is calling. Get your grits while they're hot!

December 24, 2003 2:08:05 PM

I love these forums, when I want to get some amusement,at some of the things these trolls say (like a sortie mission)then run off, and you guys react to it, don't you see that?thats exactly what he was looking for to begin with. Nvidia,ATI have both.I live around true inbreds in Daytona beach(Dirtball Paradise)where they and mafia, are in power.Horrendous injustice for all,note;Please do yourselves a favor don't come here for vacation and make these lowlife richer.
December 24, 2003 3:31:26 PM

Actually, I enjoy the opportunity to fire off some amusing insults at cretin buffoons like rramey.

But everyone else's milage may vary.

December 24, 2003 4:32:54 PM

Yes, iknow exactly what you mean,haha.Ihave the same inclination, which I have to restrain alot here, it sure is difficult, especially for where I live.
December 24, 2003 6:55:07 PM

I have crabs.

<b>I help because you suck.</b>
December 24, 2003 9:21:46 PM

I'm telling all that are up for man on man action that gecube/gigacube are a sub. company of gigabyte. I know this for a fact and if you dont believe me do some research and then come back and appologise to me as iam the almighty jebus and ulla.

December 25, 2003 12:21:44 AM

The next person to post in this thread is cool :wink:

<b>I help because you suck.</b>
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2003 12:52:01 AM

Man you're soo Pathetic.

GeXcube is NOT Gigabyte, and yes they do suck in comparison to the better Mfr out there. However they are making a effort to get better unfortunately for CoolS it's a little late for him.

However time ran out for you long ago.

Here's to wishing for a new year that is rramjet-free!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>
December 25, 2003 2:21:14 AM

"Company Profile:
Info-Tek Corp.(GIGABYTE GROUP) was founded in 1990 and has grown rapidly. Within 14 years, it went from an organization with small manufacturing facility to the leading contract electronic manufacturer for global OEM/ODM customer.
Info-Tek Corp. is an energetic company with the support of strong R & D team in 3D Graphics, multimedia(no Motherboard Products) and active marketing channels, establish its product brand name "". Info-Tek Corp. became ATi's AIB (Add In Board) partner GiGACUBE with its focused growth strategy, offers great multimedia product based on the cutting-edge technology. GIGACUBE is a Product brand name of Info-Tek Corp."
- From the Gigacube website (before they changed their name).

"As for the card itself, Gigacube are a subsidiary of Gigabyte, set up to sell cards at obscenely low prices, to compete with Powercolor/Sapphire/HIS etc while Gigabyte can keep their 'reputation' intact."

See i prove you wrong greatape as you are an uneducated fool who is obviously quite simple. Your probably 12 and just troll this forum. In actual fact nerd losers like yourself give this forum a bad name.

December 25, 2003 4:01:08 AM

your a loser wusy

December 25, 2003 3:50:40 PM

Do you want a cookie rramjet.

My own beast: Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb) , Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/370) , 512mb ddr400. SO MUCH faster than my last computer (pIII 550......)
December 26, 2003 1:44:34 AM

u eaat dog shiet wuzy

December 26, 2003 6:26:46 AM

oHHH lookie what's this?

<A HREF="http://www.gecube.com.tw/aboutUs.php" target="_new">http://www.gecube.com.tw/aboutUs.php&lt;/A>

Info-Tek Corp. was founded in 1990 and has grown rapidly. Within 14 years, it went from an organization with small manufacturing facility to the leading contract electronic manufacturer for global OEM/ODM customer.

Info-Tek Corp. is an energetic company with the support of strong R & D team in 3D Graphics, multimedia and active marketing channels, establish its product brand name "GeXcube". Info-Tek Corp. became ATi's AIB (Add In Board) partner GeXcube with its focused growth strategy, offers great multimedia product based on the cutting-edge technology. GeXcube is a Product brand name of Info-Tek Corp.

BUSTED!! lolz

120% nVidia Fanboy
December 26, 2003 5:41:43 PM

You can have him.
December 27, 2003 2:26:53 PM

Yep, as I posted earlier...it wouldn't make any sense for a company to have COMPETITION WITH ITSELF. rram is a dumbass troll. Good thing this forum isn't too run amuck with the likes of him. It wouldn't be nearly as cool as it is. Oh, and BTW Squirtle...you suck :p 

----------
<b>It is always brave to say what everyone thinks. </b> <i>Georges Duhamel</i>

TKS
December 28, 2003 3:08:26 AM

ooooo Shut up~~~~~~~~

Gigacube OWNS ALL!!!

120% nVidia Fanboy
December 29, 2003 2:26:44 AM

that's true, nVidia should hire u to test their card to see how much they can take

120% nVidia Fanboy
a b U Graphics card
December 29, 2003 11:15:58 PM

Ahh it was a peaceful X-mas break not having to read your drivel, but now I guess I'll have to endure your ingorance like those who were here over the past few days.

Like CoolS pointed out. Not the same thing. 'Gigabyte Group' is simply another attempt to confuse consumers and dumba$$es like yourself into thinking that they are somehow equal to Gigabyte in regards to quality.

I'd like to see where you pulled this quote from;

<font color=purple>"As for the card itself, Gigacube are a subsidiary of Gigabyte, set up to sell cards at obscenely low prices, to compete with Powercolor/Sapphire/HIS etc while Gigabyte can keep their 'reputation' intact."</font color=purple>

I have a feeling you're channeling from the orifice again.

OCtools mentioned the name change to avoid confusion <A HREF="http://www.octools.com/index.cgi?caller=articles/gigacu..." target="_new">HERE</A> in their recent review of the 'extreme' (just like Intel Extreme graphics, both of which suck to the extreme).

You're also confusing this so called Gigabyte Group / Info-Tek / GigaPuke with Gigabyte Technology Co. which makes the products under the Gigabyte name. Look at Gigabyte Technology Co.'s annual report and there is no mention of this info-tek entity. And I'm sure that my recent request for info from Gigabyte will confirm that.

Quote:
Your probably 12

Yeah <b>you're</b> right, and that's probably 12 inches more than you. :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 

a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2003 4:58:02 AM

I already run my 2.86ns RAM that fast...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
December 30, 2003 8:40:16 AM

BUMP

Who is from singapore? I am.
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2003 1:23:49 PM

Yeah I know, your ram seems to handle the OCs a little better. But I did notice you're comparing short burst runs. When I usually quote my speed it the stable (for long period of time) speeds. Right now with A3 I'm doing a little short burst stuff to grind CoolS's gears a bit with his Giga-Card. :evil: 

I can run 535/365 all day, and have run many back to back to back 3dmk01/03 benching sessions without fail. Only when I'm doing 'fiddling' do I go for short burst performance (like the one in A3 I posted in the Cat thread), where I get speeds up above 365 for only quickies.

a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2003 1:59:30 PM

Ah, yes, I have my card backed down to 490/365 right now. I don't know why by 500 seems to be the limit, playing NFS:U for a half hour or so it locked, hence I downclocked it more.

Still no heat issues. I downclocked my CPU bus at the same time because I don't know what caused the lock. But my card does seem flakey over 500.

a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2003 2:58:32 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure.

I know that my will Hard lock in 3Dmk01 at 535mhz core, but will run (with lower scores and some artifacts) 3Dmk03 at speeds above 540. I'm gonna goose A3 to see where it craps out but it seems different for eveything. The Nature Test for 3Dmk01 is the 'stress-test' for me, and Battle of the Proxycon for 3Dmk03 as well as the blackflies in 3Dmk03's audio tests (they don't appear in GT 1 [likely due to being a relatively colder start]).

I'll keep you posted as to the events of A3 over the next few days.

<b>EDIT:</b> Just an interesting aside/addition, <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam..." target="_new">HERE</A>'s the original 'messing with the new card' thread where we did some good break downs and had some good all around input from many people. Some of the 3Dmk03 links posted in people's posts are long dead (as described in the thread), but it is interesting how things have progressed. From the early 53X.X/326.X and not knowing which to push, to knowing that the Core was the limiting factor for me (lower than many review sites at the time) and then pushing the memory higher to 533/362. Just thought you'd get a kick out of it, I know I sure found reading it funny in light of current knowledge/thinking. I was even talking about waiting to see if the RV360 was going to provide something worthy of notice, and talking of an RV400 (no one knew then that it would be the RV380). Anywho, brought a smile to my face,and thought others would appreciate it too.

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheGreatGrapeApe on 12/30/03 10:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2003 3:51:46 PM

I can't get artifacts out of mine :frown:

a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2003 4:51:27 PM

The artifacts I got were very minor, for the memory artfx, they almost look like part of the clutter of wings of fury, but if you look hard you can see them, and the further you push the memory the more apparent they become.

The core didn't give me any degrees of artifacting, just went from stable to shattered glass kaleidascope mayhem. Very fine line @ 535, and no higher.

I'd say push your card harder but no need to try and fry your card to see something that's not a good thing in the first place.

Even the good jump I have over you on the core, I think your memory advnatage likely translates more towards better gaming performance, as most reviews have showed the R9600P as being starved for memory bandwidth more than anything, and that being the biggest area of returns. Of course that does still depend on the game/program. But in most cases that seems to be the limiting factor.

December 30, 2003 11:07:04 PM

Wuzy you nerd [-peep-] go back to ass rapeing your moma with foreign objects and ejaculating in your fathers ass. And by the way gigacube are a subsidery company of gigabyte and if they are not then gigacube have misinformed on their website by stating just this and i would be guessing gigabyte would be taking legal action over the matter.

a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2003 12:58:45 AM

Ok I came very close to frying my card. Very F'in close.

When I hit 544/375 I got the same artifacts as someone else did before/after their card blew, and I immediately shut everything down. I let it cool down and then ran some stock and overclocked tests to make sure everything was OK. Lucky is an understatement.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=101219047..." target="_new">Here's the last succesful run with ONLY the Card OC'd to 540/371, didn't care about the CPU/FSB</A>.

That's it for now. No more insane Bungholios for a while.
This card has to last me to it's replacement (I don't care about after that).

OH well it was a brief twinge of excitement and paranoia if nothing else. :cool:

a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2003 1:01:39 AM

Quote:
More flaming plz thank you very much.

OK... <A HREF="http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/hamster.wav" target="_new">HERE</A>!

Satisfied?!? :tongue:

a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2003 1:37:29 AM

Very Serious corruption, like a broken shard of glass but spiraling out of a central pinhole with a bit of a strobe effect. I got a lesser version with my initial overclocks in 3Dmk03 a long time ago, but this was much MUCH more severe. And tat it wasn't jumbled everywhere but fixated on that pinhole it didn't look good at all.

I've seen a few similar screen capture shots that look like that and they were all due to fried cards, and theirs was permanent.

Oh well another learning experience.

December 31, 2003 6:56:20 AM

crazy Grape~~ my awesome P4 STILL OWNS JOO EYES CLOSED!! MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

anyways hey rammy, my daddy knows top people in Gigabyte, u want me to make sure for u?

and i'm not kidding~

just wondering grape, if u do fry ur card, what are u gonna replace it with?

Oh ya Crashman, you u can sent ur card to me and i'll figure out why it can't run at 500 ;) 

120% nVidia Fanboy
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2003 11:22:35 AM

CoolS, remember these results were without a CPU overclock. Wait for the socket 939 and we'll see who P'zones whom.

If I fry my card, the only 'logical' replacement would be to get something like the R9600non-pro w/ passive HS cooling (I can get one for just over $100 CDN) for my video/picture-editing rig and move the R9000NP in there right now into my gaming rig (yes, I know it sounds like a contradiction of uses) to hold me over until the R42X/RV380 PCI-EX series comes out.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about that. But I did think about it for a second when mentioning it to GW, hmmm... what would I do? I just got GTA VC as a stocking stuffer from Stana... err Santa :eek:  , and picked up Halo as a present to myself and 'obtained' a copy of NHL 2004 for testing purposes (freakin' hate EA and their nV-specific effects [don't like that trend] so I'm boycotting buying them this round, I have bought every release of NHL since '96!); so moving to another card would likely be very painful if it was a downgrade, I've become accustomed to playing Morrowind at higher res., high detail, high view distance, etc. It would suck for a while, but maybe it'd make me read more. :wink:

a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2003 8:59:23 PM

Nah, I'm just not willing to fork over money for any card that will be supplanted by the R42X when it comes out. You show me an R9700 for $100 Canadian and then 'Maybe' I'd consider it, but I still DON'T want a card that chews too much power and creates too much heat. The R9700s and R9800s don't offer ME personally enough of a benifit to want to mess with my power/heat/noise characteristics. Bungholio marks aside the R9600 series is fine for my gaming needs, and even an R9000 would be OK (except maybe in Halo, but a friend runs my old R8500DV with the demo no problem). Gaming is like a 6th or 7th concern in my life I don't have enough time to really care enough. My R8500DV was fine before, the R9000 would likely be fine now until the replacements come out, but I don't like second hand parts. I give/sell them to people, but I don't buy them for myself, call me a snob if you want.

I know my needs and I'm not worried about it. Had I fried my card, another great card would simply have put temptation back in charge, a lesser card would keep me humble, grounded and keep me from wasting money better spent on skiing and beer. :cool:

!