can somebody please tell me how to fix this

all the files and such on my computer are in this wierd text like:

00000000000 and ?*%**#

but when i paste it online it shows up fine

i tried using chkdsk but it didnt work can someone please tell me how to fix
this so i can read the stuff on my comp again

Control Panel/Regional and Language settings, make sure you are using the
right settings.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/