Background designs (pictures)

April 3, 2005 3:11:04 AM

Is there anybody who can help me with this?
How do you delete Background designs (pictures) you can use to decorate the
desktop?
I have computers that several family members use: adults, adolescents, and
children.
It turns out that if someone uses a porno photograph as a desktop image, the
photograph remains for anyone using the computer to see in a folder under
Desktop properties, Background designs (pictures). How can this folder be
edited, so that children do not stumble over these pictures?
Are the photographs listed under Desktop properties saved in a separate
folder? If so, which one? Or do I have to edit something in the registry? Is
so, where and how?
I use XP Pro, UK version, SP2.
I hope you can help.
Sincerely yours,
J-C Delay
Please mail to jcdelay7(removethis)@msn.com
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 5:07:02 AM

Go to my pictures,search,in search for list photos,then having selected a
background picture,search for it,when it completes,select,search for all of
this type.You can/could also use:jpegs,or search for,background themes.

"JCD" wrote:

> Is there anybody who can help me with this?
> How do you delete Background designs (pictures) you can use to decorate the
> desktop?
> I have computers that several family members use: adults, adolescents, and
> children.
> It turns out that if someone uses a porno photograph as a desktop image, the
> photograph remains for anyone using the computer to see in a folder under
> Desktop properties, Background designs (pictures). How can this folder be
> edited, so that children do not stumble over these pictures?
> Are the photographs listed under Desktop properties saved in a separate
> folder? If so, which one? Or do I have to edit something in the registry? Is
> so, where and how?
> I use XP Pro, UK version, SP2.
> I hope you can help.
> Sincerely yours,
> J-C Delay
> Please mail to jcdelay7(removethis)@msn.com
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 6:15:57 PM

Hi J-C,

For the Display Properties Background tab, Windows XP fetches the image
files from the following locations:

BMP Files from %Systemroot%

BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:

%Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures
%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
%ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes

If you want to clear a file from that list, move the file away from the
above locations. Type the above paths in Start, Run dialog.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!