KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

Hello all!

This is my first post and I am sorry if this problem has been
discussed before( i did a search but nothing came up ) and I'm sorry
if I post this thread in the wrong section.

My problem is that sometimes when I work something like a CLICK sound
is coming out from the HDD and then there is a blue stop screen on
which with capital letters is written KERNEL_STACK.... Below that it
says that I should restart if I see this error for the first tiem bla
bla..but if I don't I should try the following steps:

-windows updates (it is updated)
- Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (can you
explain me shortly what are these two functions about and how do I
disable them)

Belo that there is:
Tech Info:

** STOP:0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x00B06000)

In the description it says that I should also check my hardware if
it's installed correctly- it is. But sometimes when I restart after I
see the blue screen it can't boot. I don't know why, there is no
error, it just stays on "checking for boot from IDE or something like
that. When I change the IDE cable and plug it in with the other..i
don't know the word..that stuff that enters into the HDD :roll: and
then turn on the PC it is OK. Until the next
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR...

Hope you can help.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about kernel_stack_inpage_error

    liquid wrote:
    > This is my first post and I am sorry if this problem has been
    > discussed before( i did a search but nothing came up ) and I'm sorry
    > if I post this thread in the wrong section.
    >
    > My problem is that sometimes when I work something like a CLICK sound
    > is coming out from the HDD and then there is a blue stop screen on
    > which with capital letters is written KERNEL_STACK.... Below that it
    > says that I should restart if I see this error for the first tiem bla
    > bla..but if I don't I should try the following steps:
    >
    > -windows updates (it is updated)
    > - Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (can you
    > explain me shortly what are these two functions about and how do I
    > disable them)
    >
    > Belo that there is:
    > Tech Info:
    >
    > ** STOP:0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x00B06000)
    >
    > In the description it says that I should also check my hardware if
    > it's installed correctly- it is. But sometimes when I restart after I
    > see the blue screen it can't boot. I don't know why, there is no
    > error, it just stays on "checking for boot from IDE or something like
    > that. When I change the IDE cable and plug it in with the other..i
    > don't know the word..that stuff that enters into the HDD :roll: and
    > then turn on the PC it is OK. Until the next
    > KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR...

    Clicking hard drive is usually BAD.
    Go to the manufacturer web page and download their diagnostic and check your
    hard drive...

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Windows XP