KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

April 3, 2005 7:37:52 AM

Hello all!

This is my first post and I am sorry if this problem has been
discussed before( i did a search but nothing came up ) and I'm sorry
if I post this thread in the wrong section.

My problem is that sometimes when I work something like a CLICK sound
is coming out from the HDD and then there is a blue stop screen on
which with capital letters is written KERNEL_STACK.... Below that it
says that I should restart if I see this error for the first tiem bla
bla..but if I don't I should try the following steps:

-windows updates (it is updated)
- Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (can you
explain me shortly what are these two functions about and how do I
disable them)

Belo that there is:
Tech Info:

** STOP:0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x00B06000)

In the description it says that I should also check my hardware if
it's installed correctly- it is. But sometimes when I restart after I
see the blue screen it can't boot. I don't know why, there is no
error, it just stays on "checking for boot from IDE or something like
that. When I change the IDE cable and plug it in with the other..i
don't know the word..that stuff that enters into the HDD :roll: and
then turn on the PC it is OK. Until the next
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR...

Hope you can help.

Thanks!
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:46:05 AM

liquid wrote:
> This is my first post and I am sorry if this problem has been
> discussed before( i did a search but nothing came up ) and I'm sorry
> if I post this thread in the wrong section.
>
> My problem is that sometimes when I work something like a CLICK sound
> is coming out from the HDD and then there is a blue stop screen on
> which with capital letters is written KERNEL_STACK.... Below that it
> says that I should restart if I see this error for the first tiem bla
> bla..but if I don't I should try the following steps:
>
> -windows updates (it is updated)
> - Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (can you
> explain me shortly what are these two functions about and how do I
> disable them)
>
> Belo that there is:
> Tech Info:
>
> ** STOP:0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x00B06000)
>
> In the description it says that I should also check my hardware if
> it's installed correctly- it is. But sometimes when I restart after I
> see the blue screen it can't boot. I don't know why, there is no
> error, it just stays on "checking for boot from IDE or something like
> that. When I change the IDE cable and plug it in with the other..i
> don't know the word..that stuff that enters into the HDD :roll: and
> then turn on the PC it is OK. Until the next
> KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR...

Clicking hard drive is usually BAD.
Go to the manufacturer web page and download their diagnostic and check your
hard drive...

--
<- Shenan ->