Scott

I have the mn-500 wireless router to my main computer.
I have the mn-520 card for my laptop in the kitchen and
my son has the mn-510 usb on his pc. When I go to the patio
I get no reception. Is their anything that I can purchase
to extend the wireless connectivity? Thank you

Scott

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Without purchasing anything first see if there is any way to get the
MN-500 closer to the patio or get it higher?
The easiest way to extend the range is by using another MN-500,
connected to the original one by an ethernet cable. The kicker is that
it has to be connected using an ethernet cable. The new MN-500 would be
setup as an access point. If that is possible in your situiation that
is the easiest way. MN-500 are less than $15 on eBay.
There are range extenders but almost all are intended to work with
specific wireless routers. You could do that but it would require a new
router and an extender. There are lots of compatability problems when
you try to extend a WiFi network wirelessly. Maybe others know of
specific equipment that will work without a lot of expense.