Outlook Express Compacting files?

I routinely get a message that Outlook Express can save
file space by "compactng files". Is there a reason to do
this and can I just do it myself? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about outlook express compacting files

    Hi,

    Disable the auto-function under tools/options/maintenance. To do it
    yourself, click file/workoffline/file/folder/compact all folders. Do not do
    this without working offline, as compacting while downloading messages can
    irretrievably corrupt the mail store.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "GA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I routinely get a message that Outlook Express can save
    > file space by "compactng files". Is there a reason to do
    > this and can I just do it myself? Thanks.

Outlook Express Support Microsoft Windows XP