Outlook Express Compacting files?

April 3, 2005 12:10:57 PM

I routinely get a message that Outlook Express can save
file space by "compactng files". Is there a reason to do
this and can I just do it myself? Thanks.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 3:31:30 PM

Hi,

Disable the auto-function under tools/options/maintenance. To do it
yourself, click file/workoffline/file/folder/compact all folders. Do not do
this without working offline, as compacting while downloading messages can
irretrievably corrupt the mail store.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/