Desktop Graphics

Since installing SP-2 on re-booting, my desktop settings come up with 256
Colors instead of True Colors as normally selected. There seems to be some
conflict with my Genius ColorPage III V2 USB Scanner despite downloading its
current XP compatible driver. How do I remedy this irritating Start-Up
problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about desktop graphics

    Often, simply re-finding the video driver will fix that.

    Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the video device, Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
    device drivers again automatically.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

    "BOBKILL" wrote:

    > Since installing SP-2 on re-booting, my desktop settings come up with 256
    > Colors instead of True Colors as normally selected. There seems to be some
    > conflict with my Genius ColorPage III V2 USB Scanner despite downloading its
    > current XP compatible driver. How do I remedy this irritating Start-Up
    > problem?

Desktops Graphics Windows XP