Upgrading from XP Home to Pro - Blue Screen

Tags:
  • Blue Screen
  • Windows XP
April 3, 2005 2:01:15 PM

I'm upgrading my laptop from XP Home to XP Pro. During installation, I
get a blue screen and message indicating I have an incompatible driver.
Error message displays this text:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Info
** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000014, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF855EB5F)
NDIS.SYS - Address F855Eb5F base at F853C000, Datestamp 41107eC3

After restarting though, I can't access Safe Mode because the
installation didn't complete, so can't disable any drivers. I seem to
be in a never-ending loop. Any advice?

Thanks!

More about : upgrading home pro blue screen

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:23:08 PM

Please see the responses you got in the .general group. Repeatedly posting
the same question separately to multiple groups only makes those of us
trying to help work harder. Please either stick to one group, or crosspost
appropriately so we don't have to reread the same question.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone