8X or 8X Pro ?

Mister_505

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2003
8X or 8X pro? are they the same thing? if not what is the difference? I have been researching for a new mb and I keep getting conflicting specs on the same mb as far as 8X or 8Xpro? Does anyone know? Or know where an article is that I can go to and read about 8X pro?
Thanks
Mister_505

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
im not positive but i think the pro version is to support workstation cards. i think most end user cards are not pro cards.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Pro is a slot standard, 2x/4x/8x are transfer standards. Pro slots have extra power pins that you won't be using, they can be any speed depending on what the chipset supports.

Getting an AGP Pro board simply means you get free extra stuff you'll never use.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Mister_505

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2003
Thanks guys! Your information has been very helpful. Now I can order my motherboard without worrying about 8x pro or not. You have been a big help.
Thanks again
Mister_505