Multiple "hard drives" listed on "My Computer"

In tinkering with my Dell 8400 (DVD burning issues) I must have "separated"
the C drive and I now have drives "D" and "E" which contain FAT & FAT32
files associated with C drive.
How do consolidate these support drives back into C so they don't show up as
separate drives?

IOPSC wrote:
> In tinkering with my Dell 8400 (DVD burning issues) I must have
"separated"
> the C drive and I now have drives "D" and "E" which contain FAT &
FAT32
> files associated with C drive.
> How do consolidate these support drives back into C so they don't
show up as
> separate drives?

do you haeve any idea what you tinkered with 2 acheive that?

if you have one HDD in there, then there is no doubt that you split it
into partitions. That sort of thing can be done within windows. But
combining partitions or resizing them requires 3rd party software.
There is a program called 'partition magic' that will combine them. it
also resizes them, it does everything, it's a standard program. I
think the lingo in partition magic is 'merge'.

Andrew

"IOPSC" <IOPSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In tinkering with my Dell 8400 (DVD burning issues) I must have
> "separated"
> the C drive and I now have drives "D" and "E" which contain FAT & FAT32
> files associated with C drive.
> How do consolidate these support drives back into C so they don't show up
> as
> separate drives?

Just tinkering. That sounds like one hell of a lot of tinkering!

Andy