windows xp changed my format

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

windows xp changed my format on my slave drive from ntfs to raw.now i cannot
access the hard drive to retrieve all my movies on it.when i click on it, it
asks me if i want to format it.how can i fix it without losing all my
movies.i tried recovemyfiles
but it only gives me the names of the movies and they are 0kb each in size
when it restores them onto another hard drive.can anyone please help:(

Go to this site and download PC Inspector..

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

Read up on how to work the program, because the more passes you have to
make, the less chance there is of recovery.. make each pass count..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> windows xp changed my format on my slave drive from ntfs to raw.now i
> cannot
> access the hard drive to retrieve all my movies on it.when i click on it,
> it
> asks me if i want to format it.how can i fix it without losing all my
> movies.i tried recovemyfiles
> but it only gives me the names of the movies and they are 0kb each in size
> when it restores them onto another hard drive.can anyone please help:(

Hi,

Try recovering the drive partition table, these can help:

Testdisk from www.cgsecurity.org
Mbrwork from www.terabyteunlimited.com

--
Best of Luck,