Ban pitbull breeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/dangerous-dogs-lost-right-to-exist-20110818-1j08c.html

We have had a lot of dog attacks and the latest has upset a lot of people, witha small child killed by the dog whilst clinging to the mother in shock.

In Victoria (and other states) there is a growing number of people keen to see these abominations removed or restricted to the point where children in particular are well protected.

I'd like to see them culled from our society.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
As far as I'm concerned they should outlaw breeding (the selective kind) as a whole. What's wrong with a normal dog? Besides, "bastard" breeds are much healthier on average and will only be aggressive when not nurtured right, as opposed to being bred for aggression.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

Environment does play a large role, however you CAN breed only the meanest dogs and get offspring that's genetically meaner than the average dog, and people do this, especially with pitbulls. I think it's just sick to breed dogs with a specific purpose, unless it's for medical reasons. Many races have serious health problems because of breeding and now we've got dogs bred for aggression.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Its a tough subject Ive been bitten by a mutt and been best friends with one of the nicest pitbulls. Dogs are a lot like people some are born more aggressive and some are born just plain assholes.

At least the Dingos didn't eat your baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.