How do I set AGP to 8x in ATI control panel?

FataLFlaw

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
Ever since I bought my 9600xt, ive been very pleased with the cards performance, and very disappointed with the ATI control panel. The latest problem im having is when I am in the ATI control panel and I click on the Smartgear Tab. It then tells me that my AGP is currently set to OFF and fast write is also set to OFF. My motherboard supports agp 8x and it is available in the slider bar. I slide the bar over to 8x and im prompted with a message asking to restart my pc for the changes to take effect. I then restart, and upon returning to the ATI control panel I find that AGP is once again set to OFF. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

System info: Gigabyte K7 motherboard, XP2800+, 512mb DDR pc3200, Radeon 9600xt, Windows xp SP1.

FataLFlaw

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
Heres another piece of info if anyone is interrested. After changing some settings in the ATI control panel, then restarting, if I click properties and enter the control panel again, the screen flashes black temporarily as if a setting has been changed just by me entering the control panel. Weird.

FataLFlaw

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
Im using a Gigabyte K7 Triton. Nowhere in the bios have I seen anything about enabling the AGP 8x. If it werent enabled then wouldnt the option to change it be grayed out in the control panel like it is for 2x?

FataLFlaw

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
Thanks for the help but I finally fixed the problem. Guess maybe I should install the drivers off of the CD that came with my Mobo before I come here complaining about things not working properly ;) Turns out there was a driver on there for the AGP that I needed to install.