system wont boot without windows xp disc

i just installed windows xp on to a blank hard disk now after installing and
activating windows i turned the computer off just to check everything and as
soon as i turned it back on it went to a screen saying no operating system
found and asks me to insert floppy. but if i leave the windows cd in it would
just boot from cd and i cant access bios so how do i get to boot from my
normal hard drive instead from disc all the time
1 answer Last reply
More about system wont boot windows disc

    "chappers" <chappers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i just installed windows xp on to a blank hard disk now after installing
    >and
    > activating windows i turned the computer off just to check everything and
    > as
    > soon as i turned it back on it went to a screen saying no operating system
    > found and asks me to insert floppy. but if i leave the windows cd in it
    > would
    > just boot from cd and i cant access bios so how do i get to boot from my
    > normal hard drive instead from disc all the time

    Why can't you access the BIOS?

    Andy

Boot Hard Drives Windows XP