system wont boot without windows xp disc

April 3, 2005 5:15:01 PM

i just installed windows xp on to a blank hard disk now after installing and
activating windows i turned the computer off just to check everything and as
soon as i turned it back on it went to a screen saying no operating system
found and asks me to insert floppy. but if i leave the windows cd in it would
just boot from cd and i cant access bios so how do i get to boot from my
normal hard drive instead from disc all the time
April 4, 2005 1:29:46 AM

"chappers" <chappers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just installed windows xp on to a blank hard disk now after installing
>and
> activating windows i turned the computer off just to check everything and
> as
> soon as i turned it back on it went to a screen saying no operating system
> found and asks me to insert floppy. but if i leave the windows cd in it
> would
> just boot from cd and i cant access bios so how do i get to boot from my
> normal hard drive instead from disc all the time

Why can't you access the BIOS?

Andy