svchost.exe...CPU100%...

I have a svchost.exe instance consuming 100% CPU upon boot. I can't find the
PID to determine what is using it. I've run Spybot, McAfee, etc... can't
find problem. I've changed startup to minimal tasks...

try using msconfig to isolate the problem. Start>Run>msconfig
Unselect some of the programs under the start-up tab. Most likely the reason
for the 100% usage is that the anti-spyware software is running on boot-up.
If that doesn't help, go into the prefrences of the anti-spyware you are
using and unselect "scan on start-up". Make sure the shortcut is removed from
the StART>PROGRAMS>START-UP folder also.

I like this website for spyware remaoval tools.
http://www.richardthelionhearted.com/~merijn/downloads.html

"Dave C." wrote:

> I have a svchost.exe instance consuming 100% CPU upon boot. I can't find the
> PID to determine what is using it. I've run Spybot, McAfee, etc... can't
> find problem. I've changed startup to minimal tasks...

plop

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 13:51:07 -0700, Dave C. <Dave
C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a svchost.exe instance consuming 100% CPU upon boot. I can't find
> the
> PID

Load TaskManager|processes tab|
-view -select colmuns -PID