Easiest way to transfer data from PC to laptop which is on..

We have a PC with XP pro & a laptop with XP Home that normally sit just
about a 2 week apart apart. What is the easiest way to transfer data from
one to the other?

--
Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply

    The Old Timer rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:

    > We have a PC with XP pro & a laptop with XP Home that normally sit just
    > about a 2 week apart apart. What is the easiest way to transfer data from
    > one to the other?

    Crossover cable

    If both units have a network interface, you can purchase a 'crossover cable'
    and network the two together.. this page will give you instruction..

    http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/basicxpnet/basicXPnet1.htm

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "The Old Timer" <notathome@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > We have a PC with XP pro & a laptop with XP Home that normally sit just
    > about a 2 week apart apart. What is the easiest way to transfer data
    > from
    > one to the other?
    >
    > --
    > Thanks in advance

    The use of a crossover cable and Setup of the Network Using the Network setup
    Wizard, will give the added benefit of being able to share files, printers
    and internet access.

    If this is too complicated, then one can always use a USB memory stick.

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > If both units have a network interface, you can purchase a 'crossover cable'
    > and network the two together.. this page will give you instruction..
    >
    > http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/basicxpnet/basicXPnet1.htm
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "The Old Timer" <notathome@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > We have a PC with XP pro & a laptop with XP Home that normally sit just
    > > about a 2 week apart apart. What is the easiest way to transfer data
    > > from
    > > one to the other?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks in advance