multiply display setup

scottyates

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2003
Hello all,

I have two Sony Trinitron monitors that I would like to setup as dual displays. I have a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro which I thought would do it but I can not find any info on how to set this up. Can anyone help me? Do I need a second graphics card? If so, suggestions?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
your card should do it. you should have a vga plug and a digital plug right? just get the adaptor for the digital to vga and plug the second monitor in. then boot the comp, windows should recognise the second monitor. go into display properties and you should have two monitors. click the second one and check the box "extend my desktop to this monitor".

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The 9600 Pro comes with a DVI to VGA adapter. Use that to connect the second monitor, then enable the second monitor output from the Advanced menu in Display Settings. If you want to mirror it make both monitors primary (1). If you want to extend the desktop make your primary display (1) and your second display (2). Now when you apply those settings and go to the regular menu you'll see options for changing the monitor positions and so forth. Hydravision is supposed to have more advanced options for multiple displays but I've never used it, I use the more basic settings.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Actually it depends on the model. The BBA R9600Pro does NOT come with a DVI to VGA adapter (kinda bugged me at first, but got a replacement from school so no worries), many OEM partners have added it, but some have also left it out to keep prices down (yes to them it's likely just a buck or a few pennies, but their accountants will translate it into a $5-10 MSRP diff.)

Hydravision is nice (but nowhere near as good as Matrox's Dual Head MultiDesk software; and not quite as good as nVidia's nView depending on your needs), but you're right, for most people just use the basic control panel functionality, saves you the hassle of figuring out the adjustment tools.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

scottyates

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2003
My card is an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro All-in-wonder. It has two vga adapters coming out of the main connector as well as the rca style ports, and coax and s-video connectors. You guys think this card will push both? That's great. I really apreciate the help all. Have a happy holidays.

Scott Yates

If crashman says it will then it will. That's the same card he has.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>