XP File and Folder Sharing

Hi

Am I correct in thinking that normally to limit file and folder sharing on
a user or group basis that each machine on a network has to run XP Pro?

If so, is there any way to implement this with XP Home machines with third
party software?

--
Regards
Barry

    In Home, boot to safe mode (f8 on restart) and log on as the default "Administrator" account. Rightclick a folder, and see the
    sharing\security tab, for the Permissions button. (You may have to accept sharing, by running the wizard, or bypassing it, to see
    the security tab button.)

    There is also a command line utility for sharing.

    162786 - Undocumented CACLS Group Permissions Capabilities: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q162786

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "BJH" <barryh@nospam.kentra.co.uk> wrote in message news:bg03ql9kpfd8$.zi6y7voms242$.dlg@40tude.net...
    > Hi
    >
    > Am I correct in thinking that normally to limit file and folder sharing on
    > a user or group basis that each machine on a network has to run XP Pro?
    >
    > If so, is there any way to implement this with XP Home machines with third
    > party software?
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Barry