Newbie help needed!!!! Update is taking FOREVER....

Please someone respond to this, as this is probably the only chance I
will get to post in a while. After downloading a Windows XP update, my
system has been extremely slow on startup. There was never a problem
before the update, and I had done all necessary virus scans.

I'm a newbie at everything PC related, so please bear with me. It is
clear that the problem must have something to do with the update, so
how do I uninstall the update (if there is such a thing?) If you have
step by step instructions that you could print in your response, it
would be greatly appreciated, as my system is so slow it took me
FOREVER to get on here!!! Is there any other reason this could be
happening, and why does it happen?

Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

johnf

Which particular update no. was it? If your'e sure it WAS a particular
update, it normally appears in 'Add or Remove Programs' in Control Panel.
If it isn't there, it's one of the undeletable ones. Also, make sure you
only download Critical Updates.

--

johnf