Newbie help needed!!! Slow computer after update!!!

Sorry for the duplicate, but my previous subject header was
misleading...

Please someone respond to this, as this is probably the only chance I
will get to post in a while. After downloading a Windows XP update, my
system has been extremely slow on startup. There was never a problem
before the update, and I had done all necessary virus scans.

I'm a newbie at everything PC related, so please bear with me. It is
clear that the problem must have something to do with the update, so
how do I uninstall the update (if there is such a thing?) If you have
step by step instructions that you could print in your response, it
would be greatly appreciated, as my system is so slow it took me
FOREVER to get on here!!! Is there any other reason this could be
happening, and why does it happen?

Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there, what update did you do?
If it can be uninstalled, have a look under Add/Remove Programs. Make sure that you
have show updates ticked if you're using SP2.

Removing a Hotfix if Add/Remove doesn't work:-

1. Close any Open Windows or Programs
2. Click Start, select Run
3. Type or copy the following: %WINDIR%\$NtUninstallKB891781$\spuninst
4. Locate and double-click the file Uninst.exe. This will start the wizard.
5. Click Next to scan, Yes, to confirm that you want to uninstall the update
regardless of what other software it might affect.
6. Allow it to finish