PNP Bios Extension Driver Not Loading

I discovered that Device Manager showed a yellow exclamation point on my
PNP bios extension in System Devices. It said that "something" (I failed
to write it down:( ) couldn't load the driver.
I deleted it and rebooted but now it is gone completely.
Can anyone help
TIA
Chuck
2 answers Last reply
More about bios extension driver loading

    KA6UUP wrote:
    > I discovered that Device Manager showed a yellow exclamation point on
    > my PNP bios extension in System Devices. It said that "something" (I
    > failed to write it down:( ) couldn't load the driver.
    > I deleted it and rebooted but now it is gone completely.
    > Can anyone help
    > TIA
    > Chuck

    Check BIOS setup for a disabled setting for PnP Operating system (this
    is an older computer?). Sometimes when installing Linux on older
    computers (I'm thinking in the PII era) the setting needs to be disabled
    for the Linux install, but will cause subsequent problems with booting
    Windows.

    Quaoar wrote:

    > KA6UUP wrote:
    OOPS,
    I should have included that my computer is a Dell Dimension 8100
    runnming Windows ME

    >>I discovered that Device Manager showed a yellow exclamation point on
    >>my PNP bios extension in System Devices. It said that "something" (I
    >>failed to write it down:( ) couldn't load the driver.
    >>I deleted it and rebooted but now it is gone completely.
    >>Can anyone help
    >>TIA
    >>Chuck
    >

    > Check BIOS setup for a disabled setting for PnP Operating system (this
    > is an older computer?). Sometimes when installing Linux on older
    > computers (I'm thinking in the PII era) the setting needs to be disabled
    > for the Linux install, but will cause subsequent problems with booting
    > Windows.

Dell BIOS Extension Device Manager Computers