Pac Help please

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I purchased a dead Pac man and rebuilt the monitor and did a little
work on the cpu. The game now comes up but the screen is just a bunch
of garbage. I do have pictures of the screen if that would help anyone
out in giving me any ideas on the next step. I am getting close but am
stuck.

Thanks
Kevin

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

If stationary colored garbage check your Z80 and it's continuity in it's
socket (no bent under pins), Also check the 285 Z-80 sync buss controller
piggyback board for the same thing.

If changing colored garbage you may have a bad eprom or a connection to one
(bent under pin, open PCB trace, etc.).

Hope that helps,

Bill