MSCONFIG BOOT UP ERROR

When i have removed any start up entry in msconfig i get a error message
when i restart saying something similar to

"Windwows XP could not boot up as normal due to hardware or software changes
that have been made."

This happens every time that i start windows and i have to press any key to
resume... Please ould someone be able to tell me if they know what is
causing this problem.

Thank you.

Mike.
2 answers Last reply
More about msconfig boot error

    Go here (a good site to bookmark) and search for an article
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

    On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:19:01 -0700, "Mike"
    <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When i have removed any start up entry in msconfig i get a error message
    >when i restart saying something similar to
    >
    >"Windwows XP could not boot up as normal due to hardware or software changes
    >that have been made."
    >
    >This happens every time that i start windows and i have to press any key to
    >resume... Please ould someone be able to tell me if they know what is
    >causing this problem.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Mike.

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    Now go back and uncheck/disable items one at a time to find the culprit.

    "Mike" wrote:

    > When i have removed any start up entry in msconfig i get a error message
    > when i restart saying something similar to
    >
    > "Windwows XP could not boot up as normal due to hardware or software changes
    > that have been made."
    >
    > This happens every time that i start windows and i have to press any key to
    > resume... Please ould someone be able to tell me if they know what is
    > causing this problem.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Mike.

Boot Msconfig Windows XP